• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much willow

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
....is too much? :wave: I'm giving Boris some leaves and twigs daily as it seems to help his snuffles, but I'm worried that he might be getting too much (or too little, for that matter!)

(ETA: maybe this should be in the Diet section....but oh well :oops:)

....is too much? :wave: I'm giving Boris some leaves and twigs daily as it seems to help his snuffles, but I'm worried that he might be getting too much (or too little, for that matter!)

(ETA: maybe this should be in the Diet section....but oh well :oops:)

what do you mean by 'some' leaves and twigs?

technically I dont think the very small amount of natural pain killer in willow can do any harm - but like a lot of leaves too much of just one thing can cause jammed up tums!

Mine will eat two 3ft long twigs complete with all their leaves (and willow has a LOT of leaves at this time of year) with no ill effects at all . . . .

He gets one smallish twig and maybe....15-20 leaves in total :wave: Doesn't seem to have affected his tummy so far, he doesn't get them all at once.

Ooh that's great then! :D I can't help but worry that I might poison him, even though I now know that willow is completely safe :oops:

Back