• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help again :(

AlexandraLT

Warren Scout
Hello.
I have some questions.
Can a spayed female live with two not neutered males?
Can two bonded males live together?

To give the maximum chance of success, all rabbits need to be spayed and neutered. in the example you're asking, they will likely fight exceptionally badly.

Two neutered males may be able to live together if their personalities get on.

This may be a useful read for you.

Hello.
I have some questions.
Can a spayed female live with two not neutered males? No, they would likely pester the female regardless which could cause fighting and are likely to fight amongst themselves
Can two bonded males live together? If they are both neutered then yes, sometimes this can work

Hiya :wave: The easiest match is a neutered male with a neutered female but have inserted answers above

Thank you all very much.
I found out today that the three female bunnies i bought (sisters) are actually two males and one female.
Last night there was a little scrap which made me doubt the sex of the rabbits and made me double check.
They were all living inside in the same cage. i have now split them up.
I suppose what i really want to know is if there will be any way of putting them all back together again?
Thanks for your replies

In order for you to stand a chance of re-bonding them, they would all have to be neutered.

Not sure how old your rabbits are - could your female be pregnant already?

Aneutered female couldn't live with 2 unneutered males - either thet would pester her to death or fight to the death over her. As others have said if they were all neutered they may agree. Two unneutered males will almost certainly fight around the age of 14 weeks, irrespective of whether there is a female present or not.

There is a chance she could be. yes. however trying to think on the bright side and keeping my fingers crossed that she isnt!
If she is will the babies have problems with health etc?
Thanks for all your help

Thank you all very much.
I found out today that the three female bunnies i bought (sisters) are actually two males and one female.
Last night there was a little scrap which made me doubt the sex of the rabbits and made me double check.

:wave: Good job you checked and fingers crossed it's not too late. Is it possible for you to contact the seller and let them know of their mistake? Otherwise they could carry on in blissful ignorance, unaware that they don't know how to sex rabbits properly.

I will be contacting them shortly.
However im aware that they have caused me more hassle than what itll do to them.
They will just apologise and then that will be that.
I now have three rabbits who are gunna have to stay seperate until i can find money to get them all done.
They are currently in a big indoor cage thing which i made for them, but now having to split it into three until i find find something big enough to house them all (like a three tier hutch)
I am currently using cardboard to split the cage into three, however they are now chewing through it and making holes so will be able to get through the cardboard.
Any ideas what else i could use instead of cardboard?

Back