• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!

AlexandraLT

Warren Scout
Hello.
I have had three netherland dwarf bunnies for about 8 weeks now. they are about 4 months of age.
I keep them inside altogether.
They are all supposedly menna be females and sisters. i now have my suspicions!!
Tonight i have been up most of the night as i was hearing strange noises.
I would hear a squeak.. like a gineau pig kind of squeak. not a squeak if they were in pain kind of squeek.
After watching the behaviour closer. i then saw that 'she' would get humped by another rabbit as soon as she made this noise.
Then things got worse..
I then saw the other rabbit try to get near them and it turned into a little scrap and ended in a painful yelp by the one rabbit.
I have now divided the cage into three and seperated all the rabbits. However this isnt very ideal.
What do i do??
any comments and advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Well done for separating them. It sounds like they could have been ok together but their hormones have kicked in - i think the age for that to happen is about right. I think maybe you need to take them to a vet to get them sexed properly and to check that one isnt already pregnant.

I take it they have not been spayed? I think this is a sensible step. Not only will their aggression towards each other calm down but you'll be giving them a really good start in life - they will live longer and be happier in themselves.

Once they have been spayed, you can look at reintroducing them to each other. :D

Just a point to note tho - even if they are all girls, they can still hump just to exert dominance over each other - even my 2 girls do that and they have been spayed so a lot of this post is guess work.

Wishing you all the best with having a trio again! :wave:

Back