• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for Dill - u/d post 23

KateB

Mama Doe
Dill's respiratory problems have come back - we've had several rounds of baytril since I last posted about it, and he's been having a really bad time the last couple of days despite being nearly 3 weeks into the latest course of baytril.

It seems to be a problem in his chest rather than the nose, and the heat is making it worse. He's booked in for a conscious x ray in a couple of days (got to wait for the machine to be serviced) to try and find out what is going on.

We're really worried about him, and particularly the effect the heat is having on him, so any get well vibes would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I think your vibes must be very powerful as he was looking much brighter by 8pm! Still a long way from right, but no longer verging on "must go to vets right now" level. :roll:
So thank you! :love:Jane, Ownedbyrabbits and newbabybuns - you have magic vibes! (keep them coming through this hot weather please - it *may* also have been that it cooled down outside around the same time)

Our neighbours are going to think we're nuts now as our picnic bench parasol is now located to shade Dill's hutch - first time it's been out this year....

Having a bunny who struggles with the heat due to respiratory issues amongst others myself, i am sending you all the vibes i can.

Might be worth speaking to the vet to see if they would be happy to try other antibios after the baytril course is complete, as i don't see baytril being particularly successful in respiratory conditions, especially LRTI if thats where Dill's lie.

Loads of vibes.

Thanks Graham - we are already discussing other antibiotics as vet has seen him today struggling despite the baytril. She has been reluctant to go stronger earlier due to risk of side effects - she lost one of her own buns to the side effects of depocillin :(

We're going for the x ray to try to rule out any non-infection related causes as we don't really know what is going on - it all started out with sporadic coughing (not sneezing).

You have my sympathy, my snuffly boy has been struggling a lot lately :( As for antibiotics I'd recommend Septrin if he hasn't already tried that, it's worked wonders with Boris. Sending vibes xxx

Dill seems to have coped with the heat a bit better today now he has a parasol! Thank you all for your vibes - he and we appreciate them!

I would just like to say that our vet is lovely :thumb: She contacted the surgery on her day off to get them to ring me and check how Dill has been doing. :love:

Though it may just be me, but I always assume it's bad news if the vet phones me - even when all the buns are at home :oops:

Back