• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a Bunny!

Mer

New Kit
I have been planning to add to our family with a house bun for a couple of months now. Was put on hold as i had a course for work that was full time that i wanted to get out the way first, i finished on Friday! Yesterday morning i went for walk with my little boy, couldn't decide which way to walk to decided to go over past the local hotels car park. As i walked though there i saw a little rabbit, looked absolutely exhausted huddled up next to a vans wheel. I went over to have a closer look and he was too knackered to run away i think. One of the cleaners from the hotel came out and said he had been there since 6 am! She had asked around the local houses but no one was missing a rabbit and was worried something was going to get him....... so of course I couldn't leave the poor thing. Went home got the cat carrier and he is now living with me in a makeshift rabbit house ( my sons playpen.. he hates it anyway lol!) I have told the village post office and shop where he is if anyone has lost a bun, its been over a day now and no one has come to claim him. So i am (hoping slightly as he is a lovely little thing) that he might be staying with me. Going to leave it a couple more days and if no owner comes forward then i guess its vets for a check up and jabs, possible neuter and time to sort him out a proper house. Its a little lionhead btw in case he has wandered a long way and someone knows someone who is missing him :love:

I have been planning to add to our family with a house bun for a couple of months now. Was put on hold as i had a course for work that was full time that i wanted to get out the way first, i finished on Friday! Yesterday morning i went for walk with my little boy, couldn't decide which way to walk to decided to go over past the local hotels car park. As i walked though there i saw a little rabbit, looked absolutely exhausted huddled up next to a vans wheel. I went over to have a closer look and he was too knackered to run away i think. One of the cleaners from the hotel came out and said he had been there since 6 am! She had asked around the local houses but no one was missing a rabbit and was worried something was going to get him....... so of course I couldn't leave the poor thing. Went home got the cat carrier and he is now living with me in a makeshift rabbit house ( my sons playpen.. he hates it anyway lol!) I have told the village post office and shop where he is if anyone has lost a bun, its been over a day now and no one has come to claim him. So i am (hoping slightly as he is a lovely little thing) that he might be staying with me. Going to leave it a couple more days and if no owner comes forward then i guess its vets for a check up and jabs, possible neuter and time to sort him out a proper house. Its a little lionhead btw in case he has wandered a long way and someone knows someone who is missing him :love:

Phone all the local vets also, people often check with the vets to see if a lost animal has been handed in.

Have you put up any posters? 'Found - rabbit ......' but giving no description, to be sure it is the real owners who claim him.

Someone may have been hunting for him.

I rang the 2 local vets this morning too. The shop and post office are the heart of the village really staff in there are aware where he is and my name and address for his owners to come and get him. They don't have a notice board in either for some reason . Both my neighbours have also asked around and no one knows where he has come from . Will go and snap a pic of him and put it on here too. He seems well cared for although not particularly tame . Bless him he has had a traumatic 48 hours though

048eb232.jpg

4227f352.jpg

Here is ... DAVE! My son has decided he must be called Dave:lol:

Please excuse the poor housing situation, it was a bit of a what i had to make him comfortable as i expected him to be going home yesterday! He has been out in the garden most of the day binkying and snoozing in the sun. Someeone must be missing him as he is just lovely:love:

he is very handsome. I hope you either find his owners or if not at least it was you that has found him and can give him a very happy home.

What lovely bun! :love:

Just out of interest - what area do you live in?

I got a knock at my door a few months back and was handed a bunny...it was also found in the park...I wrote out a little sign....

Have you lost a rabbit?
Found: date
Area found
Then left my details to be contacted....

I put it up in local shops- i went around and just asked them to display it, also called all the local vets.

I got a call and it was the owner...I asked them to descrive it and also show a photo if possible...it ended up being a neighbours a few doors down...I didnt know them and didnt know they had a bunny....but it was wonderful to be able to re-unite him...and I gave loads of inof about care, printed off RU info about diets etc and gave them foraged foods...and info about buns eating their poops etc....I hope I made a difference. As lovely as he was...the bun handed to me was well cared for....and I knew he would be missed.

I hope thr gith thing happens for this gorgeous bun! so glad you were there to help him...he must have been quite nervous....good luck!:love:

I should have said .. I'm in Gloucestershire ! I have also posted him on the Facebook selling sites tonight ( not selling obv !! Just asking if anyone is missing him) still nothing. Not sure what to do now really , I don't know if he is vax'd which I'm not happy about and also he seems happier outside which means that if he is staying he will be needing an outside house and a wife to lurrrrve. He's a bit miserable in the house but loves the garden. He is maybe an more of an outside bun .. He is really getting the hang of his litter tray now though bless him .

I should have said .. I'm in Gloucestershire ! I have also posted him on the Facebook selling sites tonight ( not selling obv !! Just asking if anyone is missing him) still nothing. Not sure what to do now really , I don't know if he is vax'd which I'm not happy about and also he seems happier outside which means that if he is staying he will be needing an outside house and a wife to lurrrrve. He's a bit miserable in the house but loves the garden. He is maybe an more of an outside bun .. He is really getting the hang of his litter tray now though bless him .

I hope you never posted a photo of him, best to get the real owner to be able to describe him, you don't want him ending up as snake food!!!!!!!!!

What a lovely boy!

Surely someone must be missing him. Don't understand why no-one has come forward or put up notices on lamp posts/contacted vets saying their rabbit is missing.

Not sure how long a pet has to be 'found and not claimed' before deemed to be a stray and can be re-homed - but at least you are able to offer him a temporary home, so he is a lucky bunny!

No photo! Not even a description just a found a bunny and where he was found. Im a bit mehh because I remember loosing my cat and I left no stone unturned to find him. Would have thought that if someone was missing him they would have at least asked in the shop or PO! I think I'm going to book vets on sat morning if no one has come for him in just under a week then it looks like he is staying ! Then vax, neuter as I don't think he has been and time to find a wife if he is not happy in the house still. The cat rather likes him now though , she washed him this morning. :lol:

Well at least if he doesn't find his original home then he has a super one waiting with you.

Its school hols and the kids have probably let him out! The chances are it will happen again if he goes back.

Just added him to that site with as little info as possible so if the owner comes forward they can describe him to me. Am guessing the vet will scan him on Saturday morning, the receptionist there knows I have him so if anyone rings she can pass on my details. I hope someone comes for him ( if they are going too) sooner rather than later , I'm getting rather attached now. He has been out in the garden all day with me helping me garden then flopping down in the shade with the cat. If he is someones much loved pet then i would be glad to see him go home , I'm just getting rather used to having him around now:love:

And.........He has just gone home :p:cry:
His family though he was dead! He (had) a friend who was killed by a dog which dug into there run under the hutch probably early hours of sunday morning. They found the body :cry: of the other bun so assumed he was dead too. 2 little girls were very pleased to see him today :love:
Sooo i am a bit sad as we will miss him, however on the plus side we can look at rehoming a bun or 2 now ASAP which means another one will be out of rescue and coming home to us!

Back