• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have amazing news, all explained p 13, pics p 15

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:D:D:D

I have very little spare time at the moment to post details but wanted to share asap. Trevor is currently sunbathing in the garden with Dave Herman and Bobbi :love: Her and Herman are inseperable :D:lol:

I have lots more news about Trevor, most of it fantstic, some not quite so good and also some photos. Will try to share it all with you by the end of the day :wave:

Last edited:
That is brilliant Liz, I am thrilled for them all having new friends but especially the beautiful wee Trevor.:love::love: Hurry up and get your jobs done please, we want to hear more!

Just checked on them again and dave has taken himself off for a sleep with some peace and quiet and the other three are all curled up in the shade together on the grass :love::love:

I too have very little spare time at the moment .

So glad though that I've quickly popped on RU and seen this update.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx

Last edited:
While I am waiting for photobucket I shall do a little update about Trevor.

On the whole things are really positive, she is responding really well to her acupuncture session and is doing well with her daily physio sessions with me. I can feel the strength building in her legs daily. The tooth brush thing is fantastic and we are also using the physio ball every other day. Trevor hates the ball but thats not necessarily a bad thing as the other day she wanted to get off so much she managed to pull her back legs up under her tummy to try to push herself off :D Also if I put her feet in the right place under her and leave her crouched on them she no longer falls instantly to the side, she has the strength to stay in the same place

I spend an awful lot of time with her on the floor practising her walking. It started with me holding her tummy with one hand and me moving her feet one at a time with the other hand, placing them in the correct position each time. Then slowly this week she started taking tiny steps on her own. She can't take any weight on them herself but the fact that she can make movements with them is a just wonderful. Anyway this has progressed over the last few days and she now moves both legs at the same time as if trying to hop, not something I thought I would see for a long time. It is still hit and miss and it is killing my knees but is so worth it :D:D

She adores being in her sling and runs up and down the garden at great speed, throwing in a few binkies along the way. She knows when it is sling time and gets particularly excited and as I sit on the floor lay it out in position she starts to wash it in anticipation :lol: Last night apparently I was too slow sorting it out so she wiggled underneath and tried to put her head through a leg hole so she could get going:love:

Now the not so great news. A few days a go Trevor developed a small sore on her chest. At first we though it might be a friction sore but it started to grow and we found her gnawing at it. We have tried all sorts of creams and covers for it but it is getting bigger and bigger :( I am worrying about it constantly and feel like it has a life of its own spreading over her body. In my head it has grown into something hideous like leprosy when in reality it probably isn't too bad ( at least i hope not ) She is at the surgery tomorrow for acupuncture so will see what they say :? I do think it could be pain related as it did coincide with her trying to hop. She is starting to get some nasty spasms in her legs which must be painful and I wouldn't be at all surprised is she is having other strange sensations like pins and needles.

So in an attempt to keep her distracted from her sores we attempted to bond her with Dave and co over the weekend and as I said earlier they all got on immediately. Obviously they are on neutral ground at the moment so it will be a while before I let them in the house together as Trevor has the dining room and the others free range in the lounge. If we do get as far as getting them together in the lounge then we will have to work out how we can do that and keep Trevor safe as we can't have her getting knocked over or squashed!

So in summary in case you got bored reading that essay, besides her sores and spasms trevor is making small but positive progress and has some lovely new friends :D

What a wonderful update! :D You are doing really amazing with her and it warms the cockles reading this :thumb:

P1030106.jpg

P1030100.jpg

P1030103.jpg

This is her happy flop :lol:

P1030109.jpg

grass munching together
P1030111.jpg

P1030115.jpg

P1030113.jpg

P1030116.jpg

This is so great Liz, fantastic update. Such a shame about the sore, I really hope it is friction related and nothing more.

This has made my day! I'm so pleased that Trevor is making progress :love::love::love:

She looks so happy and content with her new friends. :love::love:

Hope the sore is nothing too serious.

I know she has a long way to go, but Trevor must feel as if she's died and gone to bunny heaven after what she's been through. Bless her little bunny socks.
Did you see what I put on FB about the possibility of fleeces aggravating the sore if it's friction related? I'd be inclined to make he some sort of torso tube of out a cotton lycra mix and see if it helps. The other thing I looked up was how to prevent bedsores in case it's pressure related and sheepskin came out as a good thing to lay on.

Back