• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buckley is visiting Jason again this evening UD: unhappy bunny is unhappy

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Looked in his litter tray and there are a few massive clumps of very soft, very smelly poo. He's eating and drinking normally and 5.30 is the only appointment Jason has left today.

Thanks guys, I've been keeping track of his poops and all he's produced today have been soft and either in big lumps or very small. He's been eating some dried bramble leaves and hay. I don't think they're cecals as he is currently munching a butt toffee. I'm taking the poos he's produced with me to be inspected :oops:

JB is going to be sick of the sight of me by the end of the month!

My suspicions were correct, early signs of stasis. fortunately he's still eating. We have metacam and cisapride (because Buckley simply will not take ranitidine or metaclop at home). He did a normal poo while we were there too :D

Sorry, just caught this as I've been busy :(

Glad Buckley is feeling better tho! :)

Thanks :) Was a bit worried today because he was only produced cecals but Jason says that's an excellent sign because his stomach and cecum were completely empty yesterday so Buckley's digestive tract is basically starting from scratch today. Awaiting results on the whiffy poo sample J sent to the lab :mrgreen:

How's Zoid's foot doing now?

Thanks :) Was a bit worried today because he was only produced cecals but Jason says that's an excellent sign because his stomach and cecum were completely empty yesterday so Buckley's digestive tract is basically starting from scratch today. Awaiting results on the whiffy poo sample J sent to the lab :mrgreen:

How's Zoid's foot doing now?

That's good news about buckers! :D hope it continues today!

Yeah it's almost as if he never had 4 then 3 now 1 toe(s)!!

He's completely healed and moving around fine on it from what I can tell that's good. I just hope the vets charge less for clipping his claws now :lol:

That's good news about buckers! :D hope it continues today!

Yeah it's almost as if he never had 4 then 3 now 1 toe(s)!!

He's completely healed and moving around fine on it from what I can tell that's good. I just hope the vets charge less for clipping his claws now :lol:

Excellent news :D

Buckley is not a happy bunny today. He'll only eat if I bring his food to his mouth and even then it's only pellets and herbs that he wants. He isn't drinking either. Have tried to syringe some water into him and put water on his pellets. Managed to get a little into him. He's on cisapride 3x per day and metacam once per day.
He did lots of really good poos last night then since this morning he's done a few tiny ones and some cecotrophes that are pretty much see through :shock:

Waiting for Jason to give me a call. I think the heat in combination with the stasis is making things tricky for Buckley.

He seems ok-ish at the moment. Washing himself, producing normal-ish fecal pellets, eating a bit of hay (not much granted but some is better than none). I suspect once it gets warmer today he'll be sulking in the corner refusing anything but pellets again though. The heat really is troubling him.

Is he feeling any perkier this evening?

a little. he's returned to his humpy self in the evenings but during the day he doesn't even want to eat. only seems to poop at night but munches butt toffee in the day. I think his tummy is in a different time zone.

Back