• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House buns garden time, but in what? run? free range?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Oh what to do?? D&D are free range house buns and they hated being put in a run, although it was the biggest I could find! My garden isnt bunny proof but I have previously cordoned off a large area and let them free range in it. The problem is I have cats that come in my garden and I would never leave D&D while they are outside so their outside time is really restricted. The vet has suggested I try Daisy for extended outdoor periods of grass grazing but there is only so much time I can spend sitting in the garden, what shall I do? I thought about buying a six foot hutch with attached run so that they could stay in that for several hours a day but again it's so tiny compared with what they are used to!

Oh what to do?? D&D are free range house buns and they hated being put in a run, although it was the biggest I could find! My garden isnt bunny proof but I have previously cordoned off a large area and let them free range in it. The problem is I have cats that come in my garden and I would never leave D&D while they are outside so their outside time is really restricted. The vet has suggested I try Daisy for extended outdoor periods of grass grazing but there is only so much time I can spend sitting in the garden, what shall I do? I thought about buying a six foot hutch with attached run so that they could stay in that for several hours a day but again it's so tiny compared with what they are used to!

If they are going to be outside in the middle of the day, they probably won't feel as restricted as most buns do their binky routines in early morning or the evening. Are you sure it was the reduced space, and not being in the 'alien' outside world that they objected to? ;)

Could you commission someone to make one to the size that you want?

It won't compare to what they have inside, but it doesn't need to, because the purpose isn't about space as such, but adding more into their life in other ways.

Mine free-range but mainly in the evening - I usually sit and read/go online sat in the kitchen doorway.
If I'm not in, they don't get to go out as OH watches TV on the middle floor and won't supervise them.

Susan you could be right about the alien env! It wouldn't often be middle of the day though unless it's weekends! It's more likely when I get home from work until dusk! It probably would do me good to sit out with them (with a glass of wine and a book! :D) Sky-O I think I'll commission someone to make a very large run with door which I can put in the large cordoned off area and hopefully I can herd them into the run when I'm not in the garden and they can be out when I am! They've been out free ranging since early afternoon and we've had some moments of Binky madness but no grazing :lol: I need a wee so they'll have to go back indoors soon :lol:

Back