• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please meet Dinky... spay day today (Wednesday)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
PICT0049.jpg

PICT0051-1.jpg

PICT0050-1.jpg

PICT0048.jpg

Photos taken through mesh as she's still very wary of me with the doors open - but she's a cheeky little madam and begs at every opportunity.

She's five years old and has dental problems (molar spurs).
She is currently unspayed - she's booked in on Wednesday. I've not had one as old as her spayed before, I so hope nothing sinister is found.
Hopefully she will be Binky's new companion.

When vet, Ruth, vaccinated her she said, "She looks like she belongs with your crowd"... I can't think what she meant ;):p

Last edited:
:love::love::love::love::love:

I had Cutie-pie spayed at the age of 5 last year. Other than the usual not eating for day and back to the vets for this, she recovered really well. Nothing was found either.

She's really lovely:D
She's gorgeous . Good luck for the spay :wave:
Thank you :love:

:love::love::love::love::love:

I had Cutie-pie spayed at the age of 5 last year. Other than the usual not eating for day and back to the vets for this, she recovered really well. Nothing was found either.

Thanks.

It makes me wonder if she's had regular dentals. I can't imagine a vet not suggesting that she should be spayed whilst under. Although I know there's still a school of thought that 'It's a big operation for does', so don't put them through it. Still, at least she's being done now.

Cutie-pie had a dental under her spay as well.

She is a rescue who was used for breeding for 5 years. Found in appalling conditions along with about 200 other rabbits. She was very underweight. I waited several months after I got her before spaying her. She needed to put on weight. The dental issue was picked up by my vet before this.

All was fine.

Cutie-pie had a dental under her spay as well.

She is a rescue who was used for breeding for 5 years. Found in appalling conditions along with about 200 other rabbits. She was very underweight. I waited several months after I got her before spaying her. She needed to put on weight. The dental issue was picked up by my vet before this.

All was fine.

Poor Cutie-pie. Nobody would have bothered with her teeth in that environment. Thank god she got out of there when she did. :cry::cry:

Taken 18 months but she trusts me now. I got a chin rub off her today, a very rare treat. She is healthy with gorgeous glossy fur, a few statis issues over time, but I feel she is happy. Her teeth were fine last check up 6 weeks ago. They will never be great but no problems after her spay.

They bounce back after the most awful conditions and I hope Dinky will be fine.

Well, the little treasure is going for her spay tomorrow. She will be the first rabbit I've had under anaesthetic since losing Shadow a month ago. I'm not seeing this as a 'routine' op so much with her being five, so a bit more scared than having a young doe spayed.... more about what might be found than the GA itself.... but then I wasn't worried about the GA for Shadow either.:? I'll be glad to get it over with.

I can't believe I missed this thread!! :shock: She's beautiful. :love:

Thanks Emma.

It turns out that Dinky was already spayed so poor girl had an operation for nothing. I was told that she had had the same home for the previous 5 years of her life and that her previous owner was heartbroken to give her up. As I have got to know Dinky I'm convinced she's been a single house rabbit as she is sooo demanding and very, very affectionate. Turns out she hasn't got dental problems either. I choose to adopt her as I felt so sorry for her but she's turned out to be an exceptionally lovely rabbit :love::love:

Thanks Emma.

It turns out that Dinky was already spayed so poor girl had an operation for nothing. I was told that she had had the same home for the previous 5 years of her life and that her previous owner was heartbroken to give her up. As I have got to know Dinky I'm convinced she's been a single house rabbit as she is sooo demanding and very, very affectionate. Turns out she hasn't got dental problems either. I choose to adopt her as I felt so sorry for her but she's turned out to be an exceptionally lovely rabbit :love::love:

Aww bless her. She sounds so lovely! :love:

Back