• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does this playhouse look ok?

It's nearly equivalent to a 6x2 ft hutch and that's not enough for two rabbits, alone.

6x2ft hutch offers 12 ft squared of space and the shed offers 16 squared ft.

With a permanently attached run of 6x4ft it's okay. A run longer in length so 8ft+ is better and more than that is even better.

It's nearly equivalent to a 6x2 ft hutch and that's not enough for two rabbits, alone.

6x2ft hutch offers 12 ft squared of space and the shed offers 16 squared ft.

With a permanently attached run of 6x4ft it's okay. A run longer in length so 8ft+ is better and more than that is even better.

I would attach a run anyway. also, i would have levels/platforms in it and would attach a roof.

I was looking at the 5 x 5 one of those but went against it because of the roof. The work to make it okay wouldn't have been worth it. Isn't there a felt/wooden one on that website?

I'm a bit dubious - says it is lightweight, can be used indoors or outdoors and can be moved around easily. That, coupled with the fact that it has a fabric roof makes it sound not very sturdy. Also, no glazing - would it be easy to put in windows?

I was looking at the 5 x 5 one of those but went against it because of the roof. The work to make it okay wouldn't have been worth it. Isn't there a felt/wooden one on that website?

I dont know, but it's probs like £169.99. Also, couldnt you just put mesh on the outside of the windows?:?

I would think it does, but instead of felt it has waterproof fabric

Thats just like cheaper 'tent' material, it would take nothing for a fox to tear it :(

That doesn't sound secure really. It could easily rip too.

If you do get it, put a proper roof on it.

I agree :thumb:
Also, because it says its easy to move about, makes me think it doesn't have a floor either?

Last edited:
I looked at this, im sure it has gaps inbetween the wood like where the door is when you look at it on other websites, not tiny gaps either unfortunately :)

I got mine £109 from b n q but it's only 4x4 but it's turned out perfect might be worth a look :)

Last edited:
If you have a local reclamation yard near you give them a call. I got our 6ft x4ft playhouse for £40, brand new still in packaging!

My other one was from BnQ for £80 on a 20%off day. It's just as good but a bit smaller.

With any playhouse it's important you have a run attached for exercise and also because playhouses can get very warm in summer.

It needs window mesh, a proper roof & a floor but size wise ok if you add levels & you would need a permanent run attached.

Back