• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your Rabbits Moult Patterns.

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Do your rabbits moult at certain times every year? Does it vary or seem random? Do your rabbits with certain fur types moult more/less than others? Do your rabbits ever have problems related to their moult?

Im interested because 2 of my buns, Timmy and Charlotte, seem to have very erratic moult patterns. They've both already had a huge moult this summer and are going through another one. They both moult profusely every time, and no matter how much I brush and pluck them it always ends up causing issues. Charlotte has just gotten over a severe bout of stasis which the vet thinks was due to her having difficulty passing fur through. Timmy has been passing furry poos and is not himself tonight :(

Im fed up of it, I absolutely dread them moulting. And they do it so offen, definatly not the twice a year I would expect.

Max moults a normal amount I would say, and Mimi doesnt moult atall since she had head tilt over 2 years ago :shock:

Thanks for your time, Im looking forwards to reading your responses :wave:

only one answer for mabel she got furminated :lol:

when rosie used to moult with her having short har and a nethie it didn;t really get on carpet, but she looked funny as she moult around her eyes and it would look like she had glasses on :lol:

Outdoor buns are moulting (Donny more than Lola, but Lola has pretty 'thin' fur anyway) Leo has moulted:shock: and my god did he moult..! Still fuzzy now. Poppy is being a good girl and has perfect fur atm ;):lol:

all four indoors and moulting. fur everywhere. used to get an early spring moult and an autumn moult...but seem to have more now...

Sebastian is having a MEGA moult! Imogen is barely moulting at all. I was expecting this year to be horrible because Imogen is a lionhead but shes proved me wrong :lol:

All 3 of mine are having the biggest moult ever! And yes, we've had a few issues with it the past couple of weeks :( The ball of fluff I got off Munch was bigger than he is :shock: My poor vacuum has had a nervous breakdown :lol:

Outdoor mini rex's just stopped molting.

Rudolph always molts lots more, I think it's because he is the one with the softer rex coat.

None of my bunnies follow moult patterns. Could be they have different circadian rhythms with our arctic daylight, or stress or illness...but my three are in almost continuous moult. It is very frustrating for both me and the bunnies. :(

Julie does the normal seasonal molts then will also do a full blown aweful molt every vacation we go on no matter when. She started the week we were on vacation and is still going strong a week later but seems to to be calming now.

Olly and Honey sound just like yours :( they live indoors and moult almost constantly. Honey really struggles with the fur in her gut and I have to give her regular fibreplex which really helps, but it's so expensive :( Daisy is struggling too at the moment. I hate it so much!!

Ginger has still never completed a full moult and have been in moult since i've had her :love: She just never has the strength to complete one. Biccy tends to moult 2-3 times a year.

Back