• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the scariest thing your bun has ever done to you?

Trixielover

Mama Doe
Mine is when i went into the garden to check on the buns, and i saw Domino in a flop and Tallulah sniffing him all over. I thought, 'oh he's only sleeping', but i clapped to make sure. He didnt move, I started to panic so ran over to the hutch, flung the doors open, stroked him. He still wasnt moving and from the angle i was at, i couldnt see his chest moving. I started to get tears in my eyes because i thought he was dead. All of a sudden, he jumped up, made me jump out of my skin, and acted like i had made him jump. The first thing i thought was 'thank god he's ok', the second thought was too rude to put on here! :lol:

sox got his paw caught in dog crate door once when i moved t and door closed, he flicked it and i pancked thinking id hurt him, he was luckily fine

not mine but one of CarlyS's rabbits has twice done a DBF and not moved until poked! Bloody good job I love that rabbit :lol:

My violet had a fleece blanket on their shelf to lie on but (luckily I got home from work Justin time ) she had chewed a hole in the fleece and somehow got her head thru the hole and must have been tryin to get it off and had been running around the shed an runand the blanket had twisted and twisted round her neck I got in from work an always go straight to them with some dandys and could see parsley her husbun biting at her neck when I got into the shed her eyes were bulging out my hubby ran out with the scissors cut it off within 5 mins her eyes had returned to normal took her to vets but luckily everything was ok so I won't use fleece blankets anymore :wave:

Boris hardly ever flops so whenever he actually does I freak out completely and think there's something wrong with him. Last time he didn't react to being poked or anything, it wasn't until I tried to pick him up that he woke up and ran off grunting and flickering his feet at me! He has chronic snuffles which always has me worrying so it was plain evil for him to do this to me :evil::lol:

When Rupert was poorly(histummy swelled up and was obviously in agony) we were on the way to emergency vets and he just stopped moving in the carrier.... i put my hand in and couldn't feel him moving or breathing, i have never ever ever ever been so scared in my entire life, and tia just sat staring at me nudging my hand, had to get hubby to pull over and i was able to take rupert out the carrier and he didn't struggle or anything i honestly thought we'd lost him :cry: i was beside myself but then he licked me and sat up - by time we got to vet he was alot better, the vet said he had colic :( caused by apple snacks we reckon - rupert always wants apples and hubs always says 'no way rupert, last time you cost us £100 cos you needed to trump' :lol:

Reading those stories gets me a little freaked out!

Nothing serious from me, just bloody annoying. Tabitha is a little Houdini. I always creep into the shed and scope out both bunnies. Stanley, check. Tabi- oh no she's done it again. The boards are down and we start the chase all over again.

This morning was a little scary. I can usually hear where she is cus she is scrambling somewhere in the shed. This morning it was quiet. *oh**** she's dead*. I had to deconstruct half the enclosure to be able to see her. She was sitting quietly. *still dead*. I poked her. She poked her head up and her eyes said "yea? what of it?" *right ok not dead. maybe a broken limb from the scrambling.* I poked her again and with the promise of food she managed to get out.

Stupid bunny.

Theres nothing worse than a poorly bun EXCEPT a poorly bun at bunny boarding when you are thousands of miles away!! Daisy wins the award for this on 2 separate occasions!!!!

When my rabbits seem to disappear out of thin air!

When I first let them free range on the patio I didn't realise Bramble could fit underneath the hutch!

I spent about 5 minutes flapping around thinking I'd lost her then I saw Bluebell nudging underneath the hutch, looked underneath and there she was, flat as a pancake :roll:

She goes under there all the time now, it's her hidey place :lol:

Back