• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long do you have to keep an eye one 2 bunnies in bonding?

Trixielover

Mama Doe
How long in one go? I might be adopting a girl for Domino but if i have to bond them myself, I have all day to watch them but what about at night? :wave:

I think most people recommend at least 48 hours, but it depends on the rabbits. Could you bond them indoors and sleep on the sofa next to them? That way you can still sleep, but if there is a big fight it will wake you.

I have found that separating them for the first few nights makes no difference at all as to whether they are going to bond or not. By the fourth day you should have some idea as to how they are feeling about one another.

I am a light sleeper so I wake up when i hear noises but when i bonded my two i set an alarm every hour to check on them anyways, but i was so alert i woke up before my alarm majority of the time even if they weren't fighting.

But that might help you if on the second night you choose to keep them together or such then maybe set some alarms on your phone :)

Back