• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay harvest....or not

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
My usual hay supplier has told me they may not be able to harvest any hay at all this year and I'm sure hes not the only one.

What on earth will we do if there is no hay at all? :shock:

Do they import hay in quantity?

I can't buy teeny bags with 22 bunnies to feed .

Clearly things might change and maybe the weather will take a turn for the better but it just set me thinking ........

No....there's none been harvested around me yet either:(

The thing is that the goodness is going out of the grass now anyway so even if it's harvested this week, it will have lost most of its goodness.

I suppose we'll see hay in short supply and very expensive too:?

I highly recommend that anyone who is able to still buy hay at the moment to buy enough to last you or buy as much as you are able to store.
We are taking a gamble and have cut the lot, every single field. We are just praying for no rain til at least Wednesday, if it rains badly we will have lost the lot:?

I highly recommend that anyone who is able to still buy hay at the moment to buy enough to last you or buy as much as you are able to store.
We are taking a gamble and have cut the lot, every single field. We are just praying for no rain til at least Wednesday, if it rains badly we will have lost the lot:?

Oh wow! I'll keep my fingers crossed for lots of sunshine!! :D

Fingers crossed, I can't imagine how stressful it must be for you all

Back