• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help bunny in need

kate_s

Warren Scout
Hi guys please help there is a bunny running round our street we tried to catch him today but no joy we then lost him just seen him now in the middle of the street RSPCA have told the neighbours they won't come out what can we do? I live in aintree in Liverpool. Any advice appreciated x

If you can get close to him try throwing a blanket over his head I'd try to coax him towards me with some tasty veg 1st Good luck catching him

Thanks we did try the blanket but after an hour of trying to catch him, the worst thing is hes not that scared if people he will come near you but u cant pick him up cos he's so fast just so frustrating cos if we don't catch him the foxes will have him! Hope he still around this morning!!

I agree about winning his trust. Sit on the floor, let him come to you, give him ome food, etc. And pick him up when he is right in your vicinity and you can't miss him. You'll only get one sot at this.

Equally, when me and my brother were trying to catch a stray rabbit we used a large fishing net which felt horrible but was safer than not catching him and letting him get run over or something. Once we got him out the net he calmed down very quickly so wasn't as bothered as he was when we were trying to catch him with our hands.

If he isn't too afraid of you's then possibly you could surround him with an exercise pen or something and then he is stuck in that and should be easy to catch as you can just make the pen smaller and smaller :)

If my buns don;t want to come in from their free range time in the room then i place an exercise pen around them and then they are stuck :) works a treat.

My little Leon is very friendly but you cant pick him up, if you try he skips off in huff but if I put the carrier infront of him he's really easiy to get then, if he doesnt go into himself you just gently guide him in.......................how about giving that ago?

I've tried the gentle get in the carrier approach and tried some food I think if I could confine him into a smaller space it would be much easier! It was so sad last night seeing him hoping round the middle of the road and feeling so helpless I'm currently waiting on RSPCA to see if they can help catch him! Then I'll need to find his or a home he such a cutie x

Ok good news we've caught he currently chilling in my kitchen any ideas as to what I do now? I'm going to knock on a few doors put a few notices up other than that I'll need to try find a rescue for him I can't personally keep him :-(

Fantastic that you caught him. :thumb: Do you have hay for him, and rabbit pellets? A few veggies but not many and only certain ones. Do hope he's doing okay after his adventures :wave:

Thanks I've registered him on the site hopeful someone will come forward however I do worry he's an unwanted Easter present poor thing hoping I can find him a home thanks to u all for all your help x x

Yeah I have all the bunny stuff he's settled in well enjoying the best selection of hay from the hay experts!!! Spoilt bunnies! just have to see what happens now!!

He settled so well last night and is taking food out my hands he such a sweetie just pity I can't keep him :cry:I've spoken to freshfields they said they may have a space for him if I can't locate an owner can't underestimate how important a job our rescues do thanks everyone x

Wow - well done for catching the poor bunny! :D I hope he's reunited with his owners soon - they must be frantic with worry.

Hi can u take him to a vet to scan for a microchip, both my bunnies were chipped by the rescue as a matter of course before I could take them home. X

They won't charge you to run a scanner on him

ok so been the vets it's a he not neutered or chipped I've knocked on doors and spoke to neighbours, the rescue has one space so I'm going to keep him tonight and take him in the morning! Hopefully I'll be able to sponsor him and help him find a new home x

ok so been the vets it's a he not neutered or chipped I've knocked on doors and spoke to neighbours, the rescue has one space so I'm going to keep him tonight and take him in the morning! Hopefully I'll be able to sponsor him and help him find a new home x

god bless you x

Back