• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know where i can get help bonding my rabbits in hampshire?!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Ive read a million guides online, searched bonding threads for hours on here.
But I just feel REALLY anxious about bonding Bear and Alice I dont think I can do it :cry:
I've only had them in the bath once (only neutral place) I felt physically sick and separated them in about 5 minutes.
This evening I have put their crates next to each other which I've never done before as they free range, they tried to nip each other thorough the bars...
I just feel completely lost and don't feel comfortable doing this on my own, there welfare is number 1 and I really don't feel I have the experince to know what I'm doing is right.
Please help :(

What about asking a vet if they know anyone - or contacting local rescues to see if they will do this for a donation?

I take it both have been neutered/spayed and enough time has elapsed?

It's a horrible feeling when you see them fight but they can get over that and hopefully they will be the best of friends soon x

Thanks for the advice, will ring round some rescues today.
They were both only neutered 7 weeks ago so hoping that's the issue, but I don't know, and don't understand how I'll know when there ready.
I would never forgive myself if one oth them got really hurt :cry:

I waited 12 weeks before bonding my girl to my m/f pair. I think it helps to give it a little longer.

When i bonded mine, one of the girls took a nasty nip to the ear - i felt awful but luckily all 3 came through it okay and the 3 are all loved up a year later. I still remember how anxious and nervy i was but i just needed to toughen up. It's not easy at all but if you use all the advice given on this forum, it is do-able. You need nerves of steel and to be well prepared.

It's also advisable to begin bonding on a weekday in the morning (in case you do need to make a vet trip for whatever reason). I started on a Monday morning to give them a good start.

Back