• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Degu-venture

missniknak

Alpha Buck
Paulo Degu lives in Degu Towers in our lounge. When we are home he has access to the table his cage is on, and the cardboard towers up top. He is currently 'refurbishing' those. (when we are out he is shut in his cage).

degutowers.jpg

I let him out this morning and tootled off to the dentist. OH was home, but was in and out to the garage, doing some jobs. Paulo was in his hammock for his afternoon snooze.
I came home at teatime to find him upstairs in our bedroom, and he'd left us lots of 'presents' on our bed. I think he'd been having a great old time, and I am amazed he went up the stairs.
He is safely back in his cage now...
paulonest.jpg

... and is giving me some right old chat!

Brilliant! I love the look of degu towers too :love:

I've learnt never under-estimate the ingenuity and cheekiness of degus! We have a pen to let the girls out in the front room for a run around. Lulu climbed up onto the sofa, jumped across to the table in the corner of the room (and over the pen panel while doing so), off the table, through the kitchen past the rabbits and into the bathroom to attack the toilet roll on the floor :lol::lol:

Oh yes loo roll and tissues. They love those. You might notice all the receipts in his nest box. He treasures those and is always rearranging them. This is the second degu towers as the first one collapsed when the foundations were nommed!

Oh yes loo roll and tissues. They love those. You might notice all the receipts in his nest box. He treasures those and is always rearranging them. This is the second degu towers as the first one collapsed when the foundations were nommed!

Oh yeah, I've just seen those- might have to try it! We use a lot of torn up kitchen towel pushed through the bars of their cage, and some of the brown packing paper too.

I can imagine degu towers doesn't last long, toilet roll tubes don't last a day, and wooden toys not much longer with our girls...

What a cheeky fellow. :lol: Thanks for sharing, I am fascinated by degus, possibly becuase I've never actually met one.

What a cheeky fellow. :lol: Thanks for sharing, I am fascinated by degus, possibly becuase I've never actually met one.

OH was fascinated by them, hence us getting the boys. They are like rat-sized gerbils. Gorgeous long eyelashes. Paulo is being very vocal tonight after his adventures today. That and half hanging out of his hammock. Mad!

Back