• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pickles has got so thin

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
but he's still eating pretty well, and is lively and happy in himself. What's that about? I'm booking him in for a dental to see if it could be that. Do you think I should have bloods done too, or any other tests? I don't like to put him through things unnecessarily but I really want to help him. Any ideas what it could be? His poos are on the small hard side but he's doing plenty of them. I'm worried about my Pickle-Pie. :(

Could just be losing muscle if he isn't doing as much exercise as he used to, when he was younger and had a companion. Probably nothing to worry about, but a check up can't hurt :wave:

I'd definitely treat for EC/worms as a precaution if he's losing weight. I use lapizole from vets uk online but i believe you can buy panacur from vets/PAH? He needs a nine day course. :wave:

The small poos indicate a problem, especially if they used to look different (be bigger, for example). It might indicate a decrease in intake of hay/fibre.

A full health check is a good idea. Start with teeth and if there is a problem with them, then get that sorted and if he then doesn't gain weight I would then have bloods done.

Back