• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much did you pay?

Is that to check your buns tooth roots? I decided against having it done for Daisy because the vet said there isn't much they can do if its the roots that are the problem. I'm sure it wasn't as expensive as that though!

Is that to check your buns tooth roots? I decided against having it done for Daisy because the vet said there isn't much they can do if its the roots that are the problem. I'm sure it wasn't as expensive as that though!

I think before you go ahead you should make sure you've discuss the possible findings and the outcomes.

My vet wanted frankie to have a CT scan, but when I queried what they could be looking for, there was no treatment available apart from pain relief for any of the possibilities. Made the point of the CT useless, unless it was just for the "knowing" and would have cost a shed load of money, a fair bit of trauma for Frankie, but with no change to the treatnment plan

yeah i think its to check for abesses but honestly!!! if it is an abess then i think they will drain it

I guess it's the same x-ray, Fifi was being lined up for an x-ray to check damage to her ear drum - we were looking at £100 for that, but can't confirm the price as it didn't go ahead in the end x

I think for us it is around £50 for a GA, £55 for first x-ray and close to £30 for each additional plate :?

On Monday Star had a GA for skull x-rays and abdominal x-rays- for the total admittance, GA, developing of three x-rays that came to £190 which I was impressed with.

Our findings were invaluable for Star because we now know his lower tooth roots are elongated and pressing on his jaw and he has the early stages of osteomyelitis. Now we can give him anti bios (he's already maxed out on pain relief) and see if they help, and also, I will know to let him go if the anti bios don't work. In our case it was definitely vital to ensuring he gets the right treatment and doesn't suffer.

Wow :shock: I had a full body (at least i think it was full body) done on my cat once and it was only $90 or $100.

Parsley had an xray done on his head to see if he had any dental problems and also to look at his ears. In total which included 2 xrays ga and overnight stay was about £80.
I love my vet :)

Back