• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's Spay Day :S

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
All 3 girls are going for their spays today and iv woke with a big knot in my tummy :( Anyone would thing it was me having an op!! Just hate sending them off for something so horrible when u can't explain anything to them, breaks my heart :cry:

Good luck, I'm sure they will be fine and in a few weeks time you will wonder why you ever worried about it:thumb:

Thanks I hope so :? Just dropped my pair off at my vets, 2 down 1 to go... The other is a PAH rescue so their vet is doing it for free. Lovely way to spend a day off work with a huge knot in my tummy!!

Thanks :wave: All 3 r in now and I still feel sick with nerves! I think I'm more worried about me doing something wrong when they come back!

I mostly just left mine quietly in their hutches, no shavings in their toilet, and just hay where they eat. With a big bunny buffet of everything to tempt them, mostly taking their bottles of water to them, and waving dandelion leaves infront of their face to get them to start eating again. I only got them out for their check up a couple of days later as I was nervous of handling them while their wound was healing as they are not really handleable buns at the best of time, so I didn't want them to struggle. I can't remember how long it was until they were allowed back out to play.

I mostly just left mine quietly in their hutches, no shavings in their toilet, and just hay where they eat. With a big bunny buffet of everything to tempt them, mostly taking their bottles of water to them, and waving dandelion leaves infront of their face to get them to start eating again. I only got them out for their check up a couple of days later as I was nervous of handling them while their wound was healing as they are not really handleable buns at the best of time, so I didn't want them to struggle. I can't remember how long it was until they were allowed back out to play.

Thanks for the advice. Heidi is indoors at min anyway so iv sorted her crate, put blanket instead of hay and put hay in a rack, the carrier she's gone to vets in was attached and used as litter tray so just going to put that back with small amount of flattened hay, she only seems to use it as toilet anyway, sleeps just on top of hay in main bit but that is blanket now over a towel do nice and soft. Have shut off run bit for now as she has to hop through so I'm worried she'll be too enthusiastic and pop her stitches! The vet nurse this morn recommended I keep summer and Skye in their carrier indoors for tonight, bit worried about the size and where they will poo and wee without lying on it :roll: but they have outdoor hutch which is obv a bit damp and dreary at the mo with this horrid weather!! As I'm typing this I wish I'd used Heidi's crate for them now and she can have her pen section.... :roll:

Got them all home now, god this is so worrying!! Summer and Skye were eating at the vets, they gave them dandelions and said they ate more than they normally c rabbits doing so good signs but I brought them home, put their pellets and water in carrier and some fresh and dried leaves and rose petals but they don't seem to have eaten any. The vet nurse said keep offering their fave foods so iv been and bought baby corn and apples and carrots as a treat as they've not been having them recently, just put some corn in but neither touched it :( Skye is up and bright one time I look then next time just has her eyes shut! I know it's prob all normal they've just had a major op after all I'm just so worried that il do something wrong or not do something I should :roll: Just got Heidi and she won't come out of the carrier and has been licking the wound already! How am I supposed to stop her?! I want her to come out to get to her hay, food and water, as I don't think they've given her anything other than hay, which she has a bit of in the carrier. Iv just taken her some dandilion leaves and corn and put it in carrier. She was really bright in car on way home, i was surprised, less sleepy than the other 2. I actually used to want to be a vet at one point, I would've been rubbish!! I'm sure they'll all be fine but I am a worrier and over think everything!! Just hope they're ok :?

Hi there. Glad they have come through their op well. I let mine rest when they come home and they always start eating the first night or the following day. But not pellets, just spring greens or grass. It is worrying when you see them licking their wound but all mine have been fine. Hope they have a good night.

Hi there. Glad they have come through their op well. I let mine rest when they come home and they always start eating the first night or the following day. But not pellets, just spring greens or grass. It is worrying when you see them licking their wound but all mine have been fine. Hope they have a good night.

Thanks for the reassurance, they have eaten now and drank some water so I'm a bit happier! Had to take the bowl to Heidi but she had a really long drink bless her!

Hope they all recover well, I handfed mine and offered them water as they were all reluctant to eat and drink themselves. Vibes to you for easy recovery:love:

I know how worrying it is when you first bring them home. I tried to coax Mylo with all sorts when I brought her home but all she wanted to do was sleep. Then at around 10:30pm she suddenly sprang to life and stuck her face straight in her food bowl! The relief was unbelievable, little madam had me scared half to death for the whole day! :lol:

Hope recovery goes well for all :thumb:

Thanks for everyone's well wishes ;) On a good note, Heidi just let me stroke her for ages without lunging or grunting once! Hope this is the new, hormone free Heidi!! Too soon I know but I can hope :lol:

Back