• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Emmy :( U/D 24/7 Feeling better

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I have just come out to give the buns there breakfast and Emmy is sat all hunched up and doesn't want her breakfast :( I picked her up and she was chattering her teeth which I think means she is in pain (?). I'm going to give the vets a call at 830 to see if they can fit her in this morning.

Edit: She keeps trying to get comfortable but can't :( Why is 830 so far away!

Last edited:
Poor girl :cry:

Can you bring her indoors and provide her with a haetpad. If she is in pain she will struggle to maintain her body temperature.

I hope she will feel better after seeing the Vet, Good Luck xx

Can you bring her indoors and provide her with a haetpad. If she is in pain she will struggle to maintain her body temperature.

She's an indoor bunny luckily. She just looks so unhappy at the moment.

Jane - as a back up plan in case the Corner Vets can't fit us in what are Twickenham Vets like at emergency appointments?

She's an indoor bunny luckily. She just looks so unhappy at the moment.

Have a check in the litter tray to see if you can tell if her poo output has been OKish overnight, this info will be useful to the Vet. Even if she is with another Rabbit you should be able to tell if the overall amount of poo in the tray is noticeably less or if some of the poos are unusually small.

Have a check in the litter tray to see if you can tell if her poo output has been OKish overnight, this info will be useful to the Vet. Even if she is with another Rabbit you should be able to tell if the overall amount of poo in the tray is noticeably less or if some of the poos are unusually small.

I would say it looks normal in output and size. She was fine at 11.40 last night :(

Jane - as a back up plan in case the Corner Vets can't fit us in what are Twickenham Vets like at emergency appointments?

I dont think you should have a problem being seen a CVs as you are their Client and this is an Emergency. If you do have any issues then you could call TVs and explain the situation. Do tell them that you are Registered elsewhere though as they will need to inform CVs that they have given Emergency Treatment

Twickenham Vets 0208-898-0528, phones usually switched over by about this time.

We are back and she does have stasis :( She has been given the once over and all the usual meds plus sub cut fluids. Ive been to the shops to get some herbs to try and entice her to eat but nothing yet. The vet wants to see her again in the morning if no improvement.

Uh huh :) Poor Emmy. Just had to give her some more medicine and she isn't talking to me at all now :(

She is moving around a little more now though.

I have only seen that done once, to Sunshine, he hated it and sort of winced.

Glad she is moving. She probably sulk for awhile. No fun going to the vets.

Back