• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Six, Who's Done It? And How? Any Advice From Anyone Else Who's Bonded Groups?

emileemason

Warren Scout
So next week is the week. It's my last week of uni holidays so the only week left when I have the opportunity to bond my buns :)

So there are six of them,

Oscar and Bella, both female and already bonded
Benny female and Bumblebee male, who have been bonded throughout this week as Benny was lonely and they seemed to get along through their cages so are together and have had no big fights the whole time, a few little tiffs at first and then haven't had any fights in over two days and are enjoying each others company :)
Mojo male, was being bonded with Nora female last week but sustained an eye injury and we stopped so both of them are singles.

So how big should the area be? Should i have a couple litter trays in there??

Has anyone else got stories of how they bonded their 6?? Or other group sizes...

Any advice would be great :) Thanks in advance :thumb:

I did a six. It was great until day eight when two started fighting and didn't stop. We then went back to he original trios. It will take longer than a week for a six though hnless you're really lucky because they have to sort out their heurarchy and with six bunnies that is a lot of sorting. Size of pen depends on size of bunnies in this case. Good luck :)

Oh thats a shame, im prepared for the fact they might not all get along but fingers crossed.

And they can have more than a week up in my room, but i only have that long to be home all day with them, after that its work and uni. Two out of my three uni days are only part days and on my full day my mum is usually home so she can check on them while i'm out. Obviously if they are really bad I would have to separate them or atleast put a panel between them so they are still together but apart or something.

And all my rabbits are fairly small or small/medium..

But thanks :thumb:

We have - but again it does tend to be a bit more fractious then fours - you can get alliegences setting up and quite sudden disagreements that seem to flare up much more dramatically than in fours .

In fact we have just have to split a seven who after a happy 18 months together suddenly one night two decided they loathed each other and ripped each other apart. We now have a four and a three.

I would say the key is to get three happy couples first THEN a happy four then add two to four - but thats just how I feel its best - others go straight for the six.

Our 8 is really a six and a two -

Thanks for the link tonibun, ill have a read after replying :)

And thanks for your advice and experience parsnipbun, if you were to do it by bonding the two's first and then doing the six, how long would you leave the two's as two's before trying to make them six?

Now i'm not sure how i should do it.. this is my last available week, and they have to be moved into their new house when it's done which will be in a few weeks and it would be so much nicer for them if they could share it rather then have it all divided up.

I find it so strange how they can go from loving each other to fighting so quickly..

We have - but again it does tend to be a bit more fractious then fours - you can get alliegences setting up and quite sudden disagreements that seem to flare up much more dramatically than in fours .

In fact we have just have to split a seven who after a happy 18 months together suddenly one night two decided they loathed each other and ripped each other apart. We now have a four and a three.

I would say the key is to get three happy couples first THEN a happy four then add two to four - but thats just how I feel its best - others go straight for the six.

Our 8 is really a six and a two -

I found this when I had a six.

How about 2 trios? I think you are expecting a lot. Rabbits in the wild wont tolerate rabbits outside of their group. I had a group of 7 but 6 were family , all sisters, and I put a boy with them. He was happy bunny! TBH a week will not be long enough, it isnt for 2 rabbits. I think as I dont know where you are, Bobtails would try to bond them for you, for a fee of course.

Meee I have a group of 8 and a quad that are not family. When I originally bonded the group I had 2 couples and 2 singles, since then have added 2 singles. It was obviously more fractious than bonding a couple and once one started then all hell broke loose but that did calm eventually. The other sticky point I found was that they got cabin fever eventually so I needed to finish off the bonding in the shed. I love having a group and watching them interact with each other. :D Quad bond was ridiculously easy, I was so lucky!!!! They just shook paws introduced themselves and settled into a bunny heap :shock: I kept waiting for a fight but it never happened!!!

Well i would love to have all six together, I would like to see them all as a happy group, like with what alio71 said, but if not i would be happy with two trios, or a quad and a couple, and i would prefer one of those to 3 couples, but i wouldn't know who to put with who really.

I still really want to try the six though.. maybe it will be love at first sight.

And four of them are family, three girls and a boy. And the other male and female are both from rspca and were singles.

Tonibun i'd love to take them to a rescue for help but i'm in australia and we have nothing like that over here.

Would it be easier to make a quad and couple and have them live next to each other for a while then try the six later on down the track?? They already all live very close together, but not everyone is next to each other so some don't know others too well i guess.

Back