• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A wee update

natsusakura

Warren Veteran
Not been on here properly in a while, just been busy with work and making sure my dad's been ok after the hospital.
So after Angel's spay we had to keep Parsley and Angel both separate to give her time to heal.
Everytime we tried to re-bond Angel was really nasty to parsley. He'd put his head down asking to be groomed as usual and then she'd wait for a couple of mins then nip his nose when he didn't groom her.
Had a couple of scuffles but nothing major.
Then last night I was letting Angel have her turn of free range in the living room, before being put into her bed. I was in the kitchen with my eyes off them for just a second, Parsley launched himself over his dog pen ( about 2 and a half feet high ) and they both started fighting. :(
Ross ran to try separate them, an Parsley managed to rip Angel's dew claw on her left paw, and she screamed :cry: I ran to grab her and then went into the bedroom to sort her out. Luckily she's on baytril and metacam to treat her sore hocks already. Sorted out the wound with a bit of flour to stop the bleeding. Then checked Parsley over, he had a scratch on his face. So cleaned that out and then kept Angel in my room and Parsley still in the living room. Gave both a small dose of metacam to make sure they weren't in any pain.
Went to vets first thing to double check everything was ok, she was impressed with the way I handled my first 'bunny emergency'. I was just glad to have done the right thing. ( happened at like 2am last night)

So I've now created a space for Angel in my room, as there's no way i'll ever get a bond back.
I knew this could be a possiblity so was prepared. Parsley can have the set up in the living room, and Angel in the spare room, once decorating is finished.

I think Angel would benefit from a younger bunny, who'll be as full of beans as she is, and Parsley would prefer an older quiet laid back bun.
Maybe already found a younger bun for Angel. And then I can start to look for Parsley, once she's sorted.

Hope I have better luck next time!

Yeah both are fine, parsleys scratch is superficial, and angel doesn't seem to be bothered by her paw. Keeping an eye on both obviously and got a check up with the vet In a couple of days.
She said i was not to freak out if the dew claw grew down and fell out and i found it :lol:
Glad she told me that, otherwise id have panicked.
I just wish they could've went back to being friends :(

Back