• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which breed would you say this rabbit is :)

Wowee, he is a beauty! Do you know what weight he is, as this is normally the biggest clue to breed size. His age would also be helpful. He looks like a wee 'un as he still has to grow into his ears a bit I think!

Where did you get him from, I mean did you get a look at mum or dad?

Dwarf lops are medium sized buns, who can be between 2-3kg. French lops are very big buns and can weigh 5kg+ At the moment your bun has what we call 'helicopter ears', one up, one down. French lops and Dwarf lops have both ears hanging down, so they would both need to drop before he could be called either of those. Young buns do sometimes have helicopter ears that drop as they get older.

would that mean he'll get really big?

it totally depends! you're never guaranteed with breeds on what size they'll grow to. Mine are mini lops, but only one of them carries the "Mini" gene, so the other is average sized.

Not many "mini" rabbits actually stay tiny, apart from netherland dwarves. You'll have to see how he turns out! How old is he?

He is only 12 weeks old and will be weighed tomorro at the vets I'm guessing, I havnt seen the mum and dad as it was my birthday on Tuesday and I got him then (very unpractical as my other rabbit is a 5 year old male) and this little cute baby is currently chewing elvis's new playhouse (he's temporarily staying there) before elvis has even had a chance to see it :( how can I stop that?

Back