• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feisty females

lucy24

Mama Doe
anyone had issues with feisty neutered female in a pair? i might have to separate honey and charlie due to this as she bullies him LOTS. but if i do i would have to keep her alone as im not sure shed bond with any rabbit! charlie would come indoors. just feel helpless about it. plus im not alowed more buns so id have two singles:? any ideas?

My bobby was a bully, but she soon settled down once my boy started to stand his ground. I have the same problem as you now hut the other way round, the tables have turned!

Midge and Titch live together - two neutered females - Midge is mummy to Titch

Midge can be really nasty and bullying, but luckily its only when they're free ranging in the garden and she can smell or see the other bunnies. I block the front of the other buns as much as possible to minimise the chance of her seeing other buns, but when shes "got one on her" she will chase Titch endlessly, so I split their free time.

When its just the two of them though, they snuggle each other and there is no aggression

I have two neutered girls together, mother Oscar and daughter Bella.

Oscar can be a bit of a bully to Bella and sometimes gives her nips or chases or humps but its mostly when one of the other buns is free ranging around their cage or if I'm fussing over Bella and Oscar gets jealous and runs over and gives Bella a bit of a shove.

But majority of the time they enjoy each others company, snuggle and groom each other :)
I plan on bonding them with my other four, but if i wasn't doing this id be happy keeping them together even with the odd bullying because the happiness outweighs the bad stuff :)

I think you will be able to tell whether the bullying is too much and when its time to separate if need be.

:thumb:

I think you will be able to tell whether the bullying is too much and when its time to separate if need be.

:thumb:

this ^^
Plus you may be able to tie it down to a certain time - like feed time etc & just separate them then

Just cos she bullies one bunny, doesn't mean she will bully others. There's a partner for every bunny, it just depends how many times you want to try with how many bunnies. Obviously if there's serious injury involved, you might give in pretty fast!

I have a girlie that bonded a couple of times with boys, but the bond broke within a couple of weeks. She's now bonded to a girlie & the love was instant:D

Back