• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Want to get waffle a friend

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
But oh doesn't want me to. We had issues with radish and waffle because they are both girls which now seems obvious but we were assured by the rescue it wouldn't be an issue.

I want to get her a friend but if the bond breaks down we have no where for another bun to go. So these are the concerns I'm hoping you guys can help with.

If I get her a friend and it breaks down do rescues allow you to give the bun back? (not sure I could but I'd have to)
Waffle has episodes of stasis and I worry I would not be able to tell if she is eating an pooping how do I overcome this?

I am seriously considering if I can't get her a friend then I may have to rehouse her as I worry she is lonely. :(

Hi there. Some rescues let you take a bun back if the bond hasn't worked. When you feed them you would have to watch for a few minutes to ensure she was eating, otherwise you would have to separate them at meal times which would be a bind. It's a good idea to get her a friend as she might be healthier with company. Good luck.

But oh doesn't want me to. We had issues with radish and waffle because they are both girls which now seems obvious but we were assured by the rescue it wouldn't be an issue.

I want to get her a friend but if the bond breaks down we have no where for another bun to go. So these are the concerns I'm hoping you guys can help with.

If I get her a friend and it breaks down do rescues allow you to give the bun back? (not sure I could but I'd have to)
Waffle has episodes of stasis and I worry I would not be able to tell if she is eating an pooping how do I overcome this?

I am seriously considering if I can't get her a friend then I may have to rehouse her as I worry she is lonely. :(

Most rescues do yes. If you took Waffle to the rescue for bonding you would know that they were at least on their way to being bonded by the time they came home. Most rescues have a written agreement that if you cant keep the bun for any reason then they have to go back to the rescue

Chloe and Dutchie have both had stasis whilst in a group of four and, whilst you dont notice their poo and wee so much, you do notice changes in behaviour appetite etc

what type of lad are you looking for and would you be happy for Waffle to travel?
if so can come part way to meet and bond her here..wouldamke sure happy before they came back..but if bond broke later..hopefully not.. we would take boy back
we have a lot looking for homes :cry:

what type of lad are you looking for and would you be happy for Waffle to travel?
if so can come part way to meet and bond her here..wouldamke sure happy before they came back..but if bond broke later..hopefully not.. we would take boy back
we have a lot looking for homes :cry:
I'm more than happy to come to Leicester as my parent lives there so I'm up at least one weekend a fortnight anyway.

I have asked OH his thoughts first as I want this but we live together so it's his decision too.

In terms of bun we would be looking for a boy round waffles age (3.5) so probably 2-4 yrs old other than having no previous health issues I don't have a preference.

She is particularly bossy and grumpy though so I think laid back would have to be a must

Thinking about it do long as bun isn't over 4yrs and is laid back any age would be fine. If you have loads of young bucks.

Back