• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with Ryedale Hutches..

lilgems91

Mama Doe
Hi all :wave:

Spoke to my mum this evening, and we have both agreed the quality of out buns P@H run is fairly poor, and although we got the biggest one we could find at the time (about a year and a half ago), its not big enough for them. I have been looking on the internet and Ryedale hutches look brilliant, and appear to be sturdy and spacious.

Mums agreed to go halves with me on one, as Cupcake is her bun :D

Question is- where do I start? Are they very good quality?

If any of you have pictures of your Ryedale hutches could you please post them onto this thread so we can see them?

I waited about 6-8 weeks. They are very heavy, I had mine made higher as the standard height was not 2ft. I moved my rabbits into a kennel and run and in hindsight it would have been wiser to put the money towards the kennel.

I waited about 6-8 weeks. They are very heavy, I had mine made higher as the standard height was not 2ft. I moved my rabbits into a kennel and run and in hindsight it would have been wiser to put the money towards the kennel.

Would you say the quality of them is good? I would like to get one that will last :)

I can image they are very heavy, did it get delivered already built?

They are indeed very heavy. Spenser's came ready built, and we just had to add an extra coat of preservative. I will look out some pics. :wave:

Ours was made quickly, but I think we might have jumped the queue as Ryedale had another delivery to do in our area. ;)

Would you say the quality of them is good? I would like to get one that will last :)

I can image they are very heavy, did it get delivered already built?

Yes the quality is good, they are ready built and you can buy the wood preserver from them 'Good for Wood' which is safe for animals to treat it. I am not sure how long they last.

Here is the first photo I took of Spenser in his hutch.

P4230331.jpg

I found that the wood blackened a bit, despite the 'Good for Wood' preservative Loppy Ears mentions, but only in a few places. With hindsight I would have invested in a cover sooner. The Ryedale man said I wouldn't need one, but no matter how we positioned the hutch, the rain would get in.

Here is a close up of Spenser in his lower hutch, giving a good view of the stairs (which he took ages to master) and the thickness of the wood.

P9070415.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the first photo I took of Spenser in his hutch.

P4230331.jpg

I found that the wood blackened a bit, despite the 'Good for Wood' preservative Loppy Ears mentions, but only in a few places. With hindsight I would have invested in a cover sooner. The Ryedale man said I wouldn't need one, but no matter how we positioned the hutch, the rain would get in.

Here is a close up of Spenser in his lower hutch, giving a good view of the stairs (which he took ages to master) and the thickness of the wood.

P9070415.jpg

Thanks Susie, thats fab :thumb:

Spenser looks so cute in his :love:

Do they have some which are big enough for 2 buns?

Where did you buy your hutch cover from? At the moment we've got the P@H Rose Cottage ones which cost about £60 each :shock: Have no idea what we can do with them!

Here is the hutch cover, which cost £100 and took AGES to come. In fact the worst of the winter was over by the time it arrived. I bought it from someone on Ebay (through a friend, as I don't have an account).

P1090373-2.jpg

The hutches are made to order, so if you contact them via their website I'm sure they would meet your requirements. With hindsight I should have ordered an attached run, but I didn't realise the importance of this at a the time of purchase.

I don't know if this pic is of any use I asked for a heavier gage wire mesh because I worry about foxes.

You have to pay extra to have bolts fitted and I fitted a padlock myself

IMG_0458.jpg

I don't know if this pic is of any use I asked for a heavier gage wire mesh because I worry about foxes.

You have to pay extra to have bolts fitted and I fitted a padlock myself

IMG_0458.jpg

Im exactly the same, terrified of foxes!!

The pics great thanks, what was the name of the hutch? :wave:

This is mine, it's 6x2x2ft bought for my guinea pigs:
hutch.jpg

(it's also for sale on the items for sale thread)

They are really SOLID and very HEAVY! They come ready made so you can't dismantle if you move. I think they would last forever! I think they are one of the best to get if you can afford it as they are expensive. You can have them built to your exact specification pretty much but the extras do add up to increase the total cost (e.g. bolts, stairs etc). I did lots of research about different hutch manufacturers and these always came out on top. Hope that helps!

Back