• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch help please!

karen&poppy

Warren Scout
Hi all

Apologies for asking the question that I know has been answered a million times, but my excuse is that I have just moved house and am without internet connection so I have nipped to my parents house to use their internet quickly so don't have the luxury of browsing!

As I said I have just moved house and my bunny's were due a new hutch but I decided to wait until I moved. My bunny's are staying with my parents for the next week or so as we have just had new turf layed.

Basically, I am looking for a hutch that meets the rabbit welfare standards. I have 2 minilops,

In an ideal world, I would like a hutch that has the run to the side or that the hutch and run are wider rather than longer if that makes sense, ie the whole set-up will be rectangular shaped.

The reason for this is that the area of garden that is best for the rabbits (in the shade etc) is a long area (so the back of the hutch would be against a fence) but the patio doors that open out will not allow for a run that sticks out too much (I hope I'm explaining myself properly!)

Of course I want to spend as little as possible but its important to me that the hutch is right. I'd be wanting to pay perhaps £160/£170 at the most.

I'd be so grateful for any links to websites etc or tips for good hutches. Will check back later before I leave my mum and dads house as I'm hoping to get something ordered tonight. Ideally no flat packed hutches and nothing that needs painting etc as I'm useless at DIY!

Thanks so much

Karen

I was just wondering, what are people's thoughts on the happy hutches with the runs underneath them (the 6 foot ones) ie the ones where the run is the same dimensions as the hutch. Would that be OK for my 2 buns? I'm hopeless of visualising sizes without seeing the hutch

Thanks

Back