• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Took Hovis to the vet

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Following Marnie's horrendous injuries caused by Hovis, I took Hovis to the vet just to put my mind at rest that he too didn't have hideous wounds hidden by his fur.

I explained what had happened to the vet and he gave Hovis a head to foot check. The few wounds he found were dry scabs and he said they had healed perfectly and none were infected. They were all tiny compared to Marnie's injuries.

He listened to Hovis' heart which is fine - and the best bit is he said Hovis has perfect teeth:love: After having had a few dental buns that is a relief and even more reason to adopt Hovis:love:

I wasn't expecting anything untoward as I have checked him over so often - but he does have VERY thick fur. All his wounds, including those at the bottom of his ears, have healed really well and there was no treatment or anything needed. He did have a slightly bigger scab on his front but nothing compared to poor Marnie.

I am just about to give Hovis his tea now and hope the stress of the vet visit won't stop him eating again. He did get incredibly worried and struggled a lot while the vet was examining him.

I am really pleased he has perfect teeth. Don't think I have ever had a bunny with good teeth - I have had so many with dental problems and apart from the expense, the worry of possibly missing when they need a dental is awful. Once they stop eating it's a bit late - it's catching them before that that's the trick and that isn't easy.

At least Hovis is registered now - although I did say I may not be keeping him - so if he does get injured when I put him with Molly he is already under their books.

As a bonus I got a cuddle with a tiny black toy poodle puppy while I was there. She was for sale too - and totally adorable. Not the right time now and I am hoping to rescue, but one day....... one day ........ The vet came out to fetch me, saw how enthralled I was with my cuddle and left me to it:)

Back