• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rescue People - are you all in contact?

catxx

Mama Doe
Been volunteering at Rabbit Residence a bit recently and had long chats with Caroline. We were discussing how rescues keep in contact with each other and know what each other have available - how do you work?

Do you just use things like Facebook? Emails with local contacts? An old fashioned phone tree? How to do you get notified about things like those Wakefield bunnies other than via forums/facebook? What about through RWAF, anything there? Do you think something more solid needs to be set up so if you have someone desperate for a single female bun but all you have is pairs and single males, you've got a network to shout out to?

Just curious!!

we keep in contact via e mail / text / phone withj a couple of rescues .. but other than that mostly on here and facebook

we keep in contact via e mail / text / phone withj a couple of rescues .. but other than that mostly on here and facebook

Thanks! I find this interesting, especially knowing Caroline does not use this forum herself and barely has time to check her emails let alone Facebook! And I would imagine there are dozens upon dozens of other rescues that may even not use email on a regular basis, especially if they're run by slightly older technophobe type people.

I think it's mainly by personal associations built up over a few years...a lot of rescues would be wary of giving rabbits to a rescue they didn't know/hadn't had some link with before.

I think it's mainly by personal associations built up over a few years...a lot of rescues would be wary of giving rabbits to a rescue they didn't know/hadn't had some link with before.

This.

I work with people I know personally and help where I can with those folks. Even if they are not rescues but rescuers/runners.

I am friends with a good number of rescue people on Facebook and on here.

I would not use a 'central connection' like the RWAF as that does not give any credibility to the rescue concerned in my own opinion. I help where I can but do not send rabbits to rescues that I am not happy to recommend personally or that have been recommended to me.

There are a good number of rescue running forums/facebook pages too and information regarding assistance needed comes up on them.

I also would work with a number of larger organisations like Wood Green who I have had experience of during big rescues in the past and from doing events there.

Duchess - that's how I guessed it did work, its good to hear how people work these things out!

Back