• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit breed / sexing a rabbit?

slushy

New Kit
so, i've had my bunny for about three weeks now, i call him Slushy... i bought him at a carnival &the vendor couldn't tell me much about him. when i asked what kind of rabbit he was, he responded "a regular one". he also couldn't tell me if Slushy was a boy or girl so i've just been calling him a boy. lol. if anyone could tell me what kind of rabbit he is &also how to definitively tell if he's male or female, i'd really appreciate it. :)

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

I have no idea what breeds are found in Guam but your rabbit looks like a hotot with the black rings around her eyes, if you search on google images you'll find quite a lot of pictures although these rabbits will probably be pure white except for the eyes, don't worry about this, these will be show rabbits, a lot of Hotot rabbit litters will have babies in with more than just the eye markings. Hotots are a very large breed (not quite giant) so be prepared for that, he/she could however be an English spot (again some are born with barely any markings like your rabbit, or fully coloured) or a cross breed, were any of the rabbits litter mates there? If you could describe them that might help

As for sexing, There'll be an article on the forum somewhere, I'm sure someone will come along soon and link you to it :)

Back