• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting Bun 'done' My own selfish issues...

sun_city_girl

Warren Veteran
Sooooo since Hitley Ive been putting off getting Bun 'done'
Poor Bun and my poor boyf; he terrorises my boyf; spraying him and biting him but mostly he is a big softy who loves being stroked and brushed (even by boyf)
But Hitley was like that too but after being de-plummed became so timid and nervy; it seemed to really change him and then he got unwell and got intersucception which is when I had to have him pts and Im sooo scared this will happen to Bun too, i dont want him to become nervy and stressed and stop eating but I do desperately want him to be able to have a girlfriend because he loves attention and being groomed and he is so sociable.....

Perhaps the reason your other bun changed was the beginning of illness, not a direct result of the neuter?
I think he will be a lot happier if he is neutered, as will your bf probably! I really doubt it would change his behaviour other than getting rid if the spraying and aggression.

I was really worried about getting Archie done too...especially as I did not know much about his history - he had never had vacs etc...he was also very very humpy and loving with me and sprayed too and nibbled! lol! But I got him done...he took a while to wee again..but when he did - it wass water works all over! lol!
He has not changed much..he is still demanding, adores fusses and chatters away...he just doesnt hum me anymore :-( ..but also he doesnt spary me either! wahoooo! lol! He has 2 girl friends, he never had a bunny friend before he came here...and I dont think he could believ his luck as having a bunny to snuggle up too....Im sure your bun will be fine...as long as your vet is good! ;-)

Mo didnt change at all after getting done - he will now have a longer life though x

Back