• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possibly the largest plantain in the world.....ever?!!!

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
I spotted some plantain in the paddock this morning :thumb::D:thumb: so went over & collected a plant pot full (it was all I had with me to put it in at the time :lol: )

Never before have I seen plantain THIS big!! The girls were :shock::shock: :lol:

20120717_105900.jpg

I'm a size 7 by the way ;):lol::lol:

Wow!!!! :shock:

I don't think I would be confident identifying plantain other than in the dried form I buy from The Hay Experts. :oops:

I'll see your plantain and raise you............ (runs out into the field):lol::lol::lol:

Too dark for the camera, so I scanned it with a 2p so you can judge the size. I have an A4 scanner:shock:
17-07-2012223323.jpg

Last edited:
Do buns like larger leaves, and are they as good for them? I don't have plantain but find myself (rightly or wrongly) wary of feeding Spenser the larger and tougher leaves from our strawberry bed. I also tend to worry about brown bits, which is probably daft. :?

I'll see your plantain and raise you............ (runs out into the field):lol::lol::lol:

Too dark for the camera, so I scanned it with a 2p so you can judge the size. I have an A4 scanner:shock:
17-07-2012223323.jpg

There's always a bloke lurking in the shadows waiting to waft his extra large plantain leaf about .... :roll::roll:

;):lol::lol::lol:

*goes off with tape measure*

There's always a bloke lurking in the shadows waiting to waft his extra large plantain leaf about .... :roll::roll:

;):lol::lol::lol:

*goes off with tape measure*

Except Geoff's people is a girl ;)

I have vouch for that having met her :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

This is hilarious:lol::lol:

Yes I am a lady, or at least female:oops:

I want to know WHY is the plantain so abnormally big this year?
Normally the stuff here is about matchbox size, now it looks like rhubarb:shock:

I want to know WHY is the plantain so abnormally big this year?
Normally the stuff here is about matchbox size, now it looks like rhubarb:shock:

I think its all the rain we've had this year....I've been picking plantain leaves the size of cabbage leaves :lol:

Back