• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit favouritism - Your views

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Personally I think it is wrong to have favourite pets... I see that people do and they post more pictures and stuff about the certain rabbit....

I myself have no favourites each of my bunnies have different personalities, some I prefer more but I do not like them less or have favourites ! :roll:

Personally I think it is wrong to have favourite pets... I see that people do and they post more pictures and stuff about the certain rabbit....

I myself have no favourites each of my bunnies have different personalities, some I prefer more but I do not like them less or have favourites ! :roll:

I love them all and give all the same standard of care however i have a closer bond with some because of their nature, how long i have had them or what was going on in life when i got them. I think it's natural to have favourites, because they are all different.

i agree, i love mine equally for different reasons but can understand how due to those personalities some are closer to you than others.
Angus my failed foster is still on his own until i get him in with my other 3 and because of that i try spend extra time with him and therefore i am quite close to him at the moment. but i still love the other 3 just as much.

I love them all and give all the same standard of care however i have a closer bond with some because of their nature, how long i have had them or what was going on in life when i got them. I think it's natural to have favourites, because they are all different.

This.

For me, mine are my family and you are closer with some members of your family, than others, but yet you'd do the same for all; at least, I would for my family.

I don't think it's wrong to have a favourite if they're all treated the same.
A rabbit isn't going to know or care if it's owner posts more pictures of its friend online than itself :lol:
I don't have a favourite though personally.

I don't think I have a favourite, they are both special in their own way! I do post more photos of Jessie though, because Oscar is hard to get good pictures of and Jessie is really photogenic... :roll:

Well, I only have Spenser ... but I do find myself particularly drawn towards REWs. I think this is as much becuase they are apparently often overlooked as because of Spenser though.

I do have a different kind of bond with my friend's rabbit, who is about as different from Spenser as a rabbit can be, and it is still a very close bond. Spenser is my boy, but wee Mr McFlurry will always have a special place in my heart. :love:

I don't have favourites but Cheech and Grim are my longest pets so I have a deeper relationship with them. Cheech is very special to me, we have a special relationship and a deep understanding. She can outsmart me all the time because she knows me so well. :lol:

It doesn't mean I don't love any of the others less though!

Why do you think its 'wrong'? In what way is it effecting the bunnies? The rabbit isn't going to know never mind care about how many pictures of them are on the internet or how often their owner speaks about them to other people :lol:

mine mean the same to me, although locks will always be the exception to my rule, he was unique and i called him the best

i might have been posting more sox photos last month or so then mabel but thats because mabel looked abit messy from where the injection made]her go bald and she looked rather funny :oops:

I'm a little confused by your post (OP) as you say you PREFER some...is that not just another way of saying one is, in some way, better than another....that's what a preference is.

I do not treat any of my pets with any more or less care than any others. All of them are nurtured and tended with equal consideration and I love every one of them to bits but yes, my cats have a greater hold on my heart, then my buns, then my other animals....hoggies and chooks.

It is only natural that you bond with some more than others and that creates preference or favouritism. My cats are indoor cats. They are there every minute I am at home. If I am sat down, they are in my lap. They lay on my shoulders while I do housework, sleep on my bed, greet me when I come home, they are more precious to me than I can possibly say. I am still mourning for my beautiful Max who I had to have PTS last February. I still cry regularly and miss him so much.

My bunnies are outdoors. I sit in the pen with them in good weather, they run round me, sniff and snuggle, eat from my hand, are thoroughly adorable. I love them to bits. I think of Toby and Winter, my previous buns who died. I am sad they are no longer here but stopped crying a long time ago.

My chooks....I spend time with them every day for about 30 mins before work, love to watch them, hand feed them, one or two even sit on me for a pet. I love them too but have had to cull in the past, when they've been poorly. I have cried as I did the job and mourned their passing for a short while.

I could never bring myself to 'cull' my cats or rabbit if they were too poorly. I could not take their lives myself, no matter what. It would be too painful for me to do it myself, I would have to take them to a vet. The principle behind it is no different, the chooks get an instant death, painless and humane and there is enough emotional detachment to make it possible to do. I could just as easily PHYSICALLY cull the cats or rabbits but my heart would never allow it.

This is not because I don't care about my chickens but because, no matter how you look at it, some animals are lower ranking in emotional attachment than others....it is inevitable.

I only have Domino now but when Lula was here, i loved them the same but Tallulah was a pain in the **** to bond with!

Also, they dont care about pics on the internet! As long as you make them feel loved and wanted they dont care! ;)

I dont have a favourite but my rabbits do, it's

ME! they make pictures of me out of their hay all day

cute bunnies... never seen Jessica... I only thought you had Morse and big libby :shock:

This would be aimed at me then :roll:

This would be aimed at me then :roll:

Why does it matter? I dont think anyone could expect you to post an equal amount of pictures of every bunny, we all know your bunnies are loved and cared for really, really well. It's pretty stupid to assume that just because you have more pictures up of certain bunnies and less of others that you 'like them less' :wave:

Back