• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Complaint email - advice please

BeeBee

Mama Doe
Hey was just after someone with some tact and diplomacy to help with a complaint I'm still upset and my email would contain :censored::censored:

I had to go into p@h as sainsburys hadn't got the cat food that they have and other brands upset a certain kitty's tummy so I thought I am going to have to brave it ... Having a pants m.e day so thought just get it over and done with before I pass out

Walked through trying to pretend there wasn't live animals in their went right to the back however the adoption pen caught my eye ...in one of the small adoption pens was 3 gerbils ... In the next pen the same size was a flopped out black bunny however he just didn't look flopped out he didn't move when I approached and his breathing was shallow so I spoke to someone who informed me bunnys sleep like that ... :roll: I said that he didn't look well his breathing was shallow and you could see the white of one of his eyes I asked him to get someone ... He grumbled off so I went over to the vets and explained my concerns and was assured someone would go and check ...

Was waiting in the vicinity of the adoption section which is next too all the new baby bunnys and a mother with two children around 4 and 6 were talking to an assistant about the babys and the little girl was saying I want the white one with black spots :roll: prepared for speech about bunnies/rescues/Honeybunnies .... Still waiting for someone to come check on bunny ... Went off to find someone else as I came back noticed that the little black and white bunny was on the older girls knee poor thing looked petrified, I was watching the black buns breathing and heard the child shouts ow ow owwwww ... Turned to see the p@h assistant shove the bunnies face as it was biting the girls arm and the tiny baby fell backwards off the girls knee onto the floor - I was in complete and utter shock ... At this point said cat food was plonked on the floor and went to find the manager ... After no end of fobbing off and excuses I stormed out informing them I was putting in a formal complaint ... I feel so awful that I walked away but if someone could help with a strongly worded but appropriate complaint I would be really grateful .. :(

Sorry, I'm not much help with this, but I cannot stand P@H.
Don't expect them to reply to your email in a hurry either! I only got a reply when I went to the FB Page to complain because it meant people would see it.
The email they sent me completely ignored my main concern and went on spitting out the wrong information, telling me I was wrong, when I was the one putting the animals welfare in my best interest! So I replied correcting them, that was weeks ago, still no reply!
I just don't bother with P@H, they don't know what they're on about and don't give much concern to animal welfare, just the money.

Hey was just after someone with some tact and diplomacy to help with a complaint I'm still upset and my email would contain :censored::censored:

I had to go into p@h as sainsburys hadn't got the cat food that they have and other brands upset a certain kitty's tummy so I thought I am going to have to brave it ... Having a pants m.e day so thought just get it over and done with before I pass out

Walked through trying to pretend there wasn't live animals in their went right to the back however the adoption pen caught my eye ...in one of the small adoption pens was 3 gerbils ... In the next pen the same size was a flopped out black bunny however he just didn't look flopped out he didn't move when I approached and his breathing was shallow so I spoke to someone who informed me bunnys sleep like that ... :roll: I said that he didn't look well his breathing was shallow and you could see the white of one of his eyes I asked him to get someone ... He grumbled off so I went over to the vets and explained my concerns and was assured someone would go and check ...

Was waiting in the vicinity of the adoption section which is next too all the new baby bunnys and a mother with two children around 4 and 6 were talking to an assistant about the babys and the little girl was saying I want the white one with black spots :roll: prepared for speech about bunnies/rescues/Honeybunnies .... Still waiting for someone to come check on bunny ... Went off to find someone else as I came back noticed that the little black and white bunny was on the older girls knee poor thing looked petrified, I was watching the black buns breathing and heard the child shouts ow ow owwwww ... Turned to see the p@h assistant shove the bunnies face as it was biting the girls arm and the tiny baby fell backwards off the girls knee onto the floor - I was in complete and utter shock ... At this point said cat food was plonked on the floor and went to find the manager ... After no end of fobbing off and excuses I stormed out informing them I was putting in a formal complaint ... I feel so awful that I walked away but if someone could help with a strongly worded but appropriate complaint I would be really grateful .. :(

Hi, I would explain what happened quite factually. and in case they are not that bright, say why it is wrong. then next paragraph suggest what they should do to rectify. and 3rd paragraph what action you expect them to next take and how you will follow up with animal welfare groups if they cannot respond.

maybe draft something and post it on for members to give comments.

I would write a factual letter and state you want a response within 14 days. Also escalate, write to the highest manager you can find.

If you don't get a satisfactory response, contact your local animal rights group as I know around my area there a few peaceful demonstrations being held at some P@H branches.

Good luck.

Thats awful; Im sorry you had to witness that, Im so glad I dont have a Pets at Home near me because all the stories I hear about them are terrible.
Good luck with your complaint!

Back