• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Fosterers ?

OwnedByRabbits

Warren Veteran
does anybody on here fosterer bunnys ? what do you have to do ? does the rescue help ?
i want to start fostering for the rescue i work with but i dont know what happens first

If you are already working with them then I would just ask. I would expect each rescue to have their own arrangements and specific criteria for fosterers.

does anybody on here fosterer bunnys ? what do you have to do ? does the rescue help ?
i want to start fostering for the rescue i work with but i dont know what happens first

I do, I recently started being a fosterer :wave:

When I was on work experience I met a vet nurse who was one of the founders of an animal rescue in Twickenham. And I said I wanted to be a fosterer for them, if I could. I told the nurse where I'd keep the rabbits, and showed a picture of the housing on my phone. After an agreement with her and later permission from my parents I took on three 9 week year old rabbits that were dropped off at the vets by some people :wave:

Every day I have to clean the hutch out and they get 2hours+ exercise time.
The veterinary costs are funded by the rescue, a fosterer can chip in if they want.
If they require any veterinary care then it's my responsibility to inform the rescue. And get them to the vets :wave:

Some rescues provide accommodation some don't. I foster they provide hay, food. You tend to provide fresh stuff. Vet bills are covered. I'm more of a long term fosterer as I am quite a distance from the rescue. Don't keep failing like m.:oops:

Back