• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor to indoor bunny how do they adjust?

andy5898

Warren Scout
We are about to move house and my eldest bunny who is 6/7ish and is a giant cross lives in her hutch in the garden at present. She has problems which is why she has to live on her own. She is very happy though.
Recently she has decided that she wants to be friends with our cat who is 1. The cat adores her and snuggles up with her in her hutch when ever she can. My bunny seems more than happy with the company and it is lovely to see.
We are moving to a bigger house so we are now thinking about making my bunny an indoor bunny so she can move into the house and live out her twilight years indoors with her new best friend the cat. As it is going to be a new house it will be both neutral territory for the cat and rabbit so hopefully that should be ok. I just wondered if people had any advice for moving her indoors and should we limit access to only 1 room for instance? Just really any advice on a house rabbit would be good.

Sorry for the long waffling post!

Back