• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ridiculous

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
Mum invited a childhood friend (used to live down this road) round for tea and a catch up this morn, he was here was a good 3 hours and continually told us how ridiculous we are for having so many buns.

When I was in the shower I heard him with mum in the garden saying how the area we have in our garden for the buns is bigger than the local garden centres and why the h*ll would we want a pet shop in the back garden. (it isnt a Pet shop btw... just saying lol)

Said, have 30 dogs I could understand, have 30 horses I could understand, or 30 goldfish (we have more than this anyway) but why 30 buns? a couple he could understand but not 31.

I was getting quite irate and promptly said, If someone knocked on the door now and had a bun with no home or that had been badly cared for Id take it in and give it a good/better life.

Mum then stepped in, said they have everything they need now, all fed, watered, clean, healthy and will stay that way for the rest of their lives, luckily my phone rang so I could escape it!

What is wrong with people, why are rabbits seen so different to any other animal :censored::censored::censored:

I think it is nuts when people say these kinda things, especially when they are visiting your house!

wait for a return invite and then continually criticise his choice of lifestyle?!

they are rabbit people and they are non rabbit people and thus never the twain shall meet or something like that.

The man is petrified of horses also, sat there telling me all about how they scare him but did say how incredibly clever that are, but continue to criticise them, used to have rabbits as a kid, but still could not understand.

I could pick holes in his life style choices, but its his life to do as he pleased, and im not that judgemental (nor do I care what he does :lol:)

Just annoyed that we were getting criticised, called us crazy rabbit ladies and that we can see people for this sort of addiction, when all we want to do if put some time and effort into making the rabbits happy and enjoying them all at the same time :?

I get it all the time for having chickens, especially because they're ex-batts.
"Why would you have chickens, they're such dull pets"
"Why would you have chickens that won't lay for long"
"Why would you have chickens that you can't eat"

1. chickens aren't dull at all, quite the opposite!
2. I have them so they can have a life outside of wire cages, eggs are a bonus.
3. I'm vegetarian :lol:

Back