• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oops have run out of hay!!!

carolineclair

Warren Scout
I have stupidly let myself run out hay last night meaning maple hasn't had any fresh today. I don't finish work until 8ish tonight and I don't know of any local pet shops in central London I can get to in my lunch break, have googled but there aren't any central! My back up idea is to buy from a supermarket- is the hay in the supermarkets any good? I can pick up a good supply at the weekend so will need to do until then or can anyone recommend a store I may not have found in central London?!

Stupid mistake!

I have stupidly let myself run out hay last night meaning maple hasn't had any fresh today. I don't finish work until 8ish tonight and I don't know of any local pet shops in central London I can get to in my lunch break, have googled but there aren't any central! My back up idea is to buy from a supermarket- is the hay in the supermarkets any good? I can pick up a good supply at the weekend so will need to do until then or can anyone recommend a store I may not have found in central London?!

Stupid mistake!

In an emergency, any P@H will sell Excel hay, which is of a half decent quality.

Morrisons hay seems to go down fairly well, along with Bob Martin stuff, which Asda sell.

Hope this helps.

In an emergency, any P@H will sell Excel hay, which is of a half decent quality.

Morrisons hay seems to go down fairly well, along with Bob Martin stuff, which Asda sell.

Hope this helps.

Annoyingly I won't get home in time to drive to PaH before it closes! Will try sainsburys near my work and see if they have anything!

Spenser has Morrisons bedding hay in his basin, and he always has a good nom of it when he is 'at his business.'

To be honest, although I spend a fortune on posh hays, he is as likely to eat supermarket hay as anything else. :roll:

I buy bales of hay from the farm at £4 a bale for my lot but for the last few weeks have only been able to get petshop or super market hay due to the wet weather. The buns can tell the difference. Not only don't they eat as much it is also costing me a fortune with 11 buns and 1 piggie. Roll on the dry weather!

Located some hay

Thanks Ninny, I live in Kensal green,( but working on Oxford street). I could have sworn I had a new bag in the boot of my car!! That will teach me to assume things!

I've called the sainsburys that's open 24 hr near me and they have some in store. That will have to do until Friday, she's not too fussy anymore so fingers crossed she will put up with it for a few days!! Otherwise tomorrow I may be trekking off to the outskirts of London on an extended lunch break!

Glad you managed to find some. :D Being North West I thought you might be a bit closer to me, I'm actually waiting for my hay delivery now :).

Order just arrived and the hay parcel and megazorb is still at the depot :roll: Typical :lol::lol:

Hi Ninny, i live near you. Where do you get your hay from? Someone local recommended Kimblewick Feeds in Chesham where you get a hay bale for £6 and they also have megazorb

Hi Ninny, i live near you. Where do you get your hay from? Someone local recommended Kimblewick Feeds in Chesham where you get a hay bale for £6 and they also have megazorb

Hiya :wave:
I have to get everything delivered. At the moment most of the rabbit stuff is coming from the Hay Experts and RatRations.com but haven't had bunnies long.

Back