• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just lost Lola anyone got any ideas?

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
Hi,

Sorry I havent posted for a while :(

I had a beautiful girl aged 5 with no health problems. She had been not right for about a week - eating but not enthusiatic etc. Anyway last night when we went to bed she had a very slight head tilt but it corrected when she was picked up so we left her.
This morning 6 hours after we went to bed we came down to Lola lying flat out on her side, eyes open, no movement apart from breathing and a nose twitch when she heard me. She had had really bad diahorrea too. We called the emergency vets and took her straight down. When we got there the vet tried to move her and Lola literrally had no idea which way was up, she then had a fit. She then had another fit, her face contorted really badly, she screamed and then she died.
The vet doesnt think this is EC? Any one got any ideas?

She is a house rabbit, fully vaccinated and has not eaten anything dangerous?

Laura xx

I am so sorry :cry:

Without a post mortem it is impossible to say what the cause of death was. It may have been an acute infection, a bleed on the brain amongst other things.

Was she spayed ?

RIP Lola :cry:

I'm so sorry.

I lost Blue in a very similar fashoin...except he was perfectly fine before the morning he died. When we had the PM done the vet found that he had eaten a small amount of tin foil. It had caused toxic poisoning.

It really is worth getting a pm done....if only for your own peace of mind.

I am so sorry :cry:

Without a post mortem it is impossible to say what the cause of death was. It may have been an acute infection, a bleed on the brain amongst other things.

Was she spayed ?

RIP Lola :cry:

Hi, She was spayed. She had been under the care of the vet since Decemebr as her teeth had stopped growing as much but they were fine. The vet had never seen anything like her teeth before and he is a rabbit expert.

Lola had no other health problems.

I was thinking maybe cancer? But I will never know.

We cant do pm as she was placed with Milo - her partner and then buried.

Thank you all. It was just horrific to watch :(

I don't have any advice, just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: it must've been awful :cry: Binky free Lola xxx

Back