• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A shark at the beach

William

Wise Old Thumper
On Sunday a woman was fishing at the beach and she kept catching baby sharks. My mom saw her throw back like 3 sharks in the short time she was watching. Apparently this one got hooked pretty badly, he was washed back up so we put him back in the ocean, then he washed up again, the third time he washed up we carried him far out in the ocean to give him the best chance of survival. I think being hurt combined with the rough waves and current was why he kept washing back up. Hopefully he made it, we didn't see him wash up again :D

We petted him and he felt really nice and rubbery. And he had tiny cute little teeth :love: My first thought was that he was a hammerhead but maybe he's a sand shark? Any shark experts here?

July2012004.jpg

July2012001.jpg

July2012002.jpg

There was also this cute crab yesterday :)

July2012012.jpg

And both days I saw this beautiful Australian Shepherd running around on the beach and in the parking lot. He was playing with other dogs and following us around. He's got a limp and his fur looks unkept and he doesn't have a collar. I forgot to get a pic of him :( I hope I see him (or her, dunno what it is) again, he was such a beautiful dog. If he is a stray I'd love him, I absolutely love Aussies :love: My family was also like 'awww, I wanna keep him' :lol:

He does look like a baby hammerhead, super cute! Hope he managed to get back to sea ok and his wounds heal.

i have no idea what type of shark that is but it was lovely of you to keep putting it back in the sea!
the pic of the crab made me laugh!

i love the sea, things in there fascinate me.

Brill pics and hope he/she made it to safety:D Your so lucky living somewhere warm by the sea:love:

Back