• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What colour is my bunny?

qiant

New Kit
Hi all! I'm a first time bunny owner so please do guide me along!
20120716_223004.jpg

the smaller bunny on the left!
20120716_234201.jpg

I just bought my netherland dwarf bunny yesterday and i have trouble matching the colour to the standard colours. can someone help?

I havent named my bunny too! for now, im just calling it bunny. anyone has any cute names to suggest? haven sexed it yet haha.

Can sombody also point out the things that I should take notice of? it's still a very small bunny so im quite worried ><

Hi & welcome to the forum.
Your buns are very cute & very young looking.
Are you aware of these guys -
http://www.hrss.net/

They have heaps of handy hints & great info for Singapore based bunny owners. :D

welcome to the forum, he/she is very cute, to get bunny properly sexed take it along to vets as they also need vaccinating against myxi and vhd, the vet
can then sex your bunny for you
also what accomodation is bunny living in the one in photo looks very small, but not sure if thats what you transported it in or its living in at moment
netherland dwarfs are very lively and cheeky despite their small size, they love to have things to chew on so willow toys or wooden toys should help bordem, also consider neutering/speying when they are old enough :wave:

welcome to the forum, he/she is very cute, to get bunny properly sexed take it along to vets as they also need vaccinating against myxi and vhd, the vet
can then sex your bunny for you
also what accomodation is bunny living in the one in photo looks very small, but not sure if thats what you transported it in or its living in at moment
netherland dwarfs are very lively and cheeky despite their small size, they love to have things to chew on so willow toys or wooden toys should help bordem, also consider neutering/speying when they are old enough :wave:

he's living in a 2.5 ft cage! the cage u see belongsto my friend :) thanks for your advice!

my bunny, ive decided to call him/her pebbles, is really inquisitive and curious when outside his cage but once we put him backhe just stays in a corner! too adorable!

to the rest;

in photos pebbles has really different colours depending on the lighting, haha. thank you all for your welcome! looking forward to making friends here!

hi there

absolutely gorgeous looks like you're doing the right things including asking lots of questions! Maybe you could send us the standard colour list if it would help, as Im from the UK and havent seen one before.

I have a netherland dwarf too but an adult. She loves exploring when she is free ranged with supervision, her toys, hay, drinking, and her favourite herbs. She is also quite fond of her husband - a Dutch.

Take care, nice to meet you and welcome.

I think that one looks like a lilac or blue tort.

What I would say is that they are very adorable, but they are not the recommended 8 weeks of age to be rehomed- I would suggest they are more like 4 weeks. It might be worth you having a read of this thread.

Back