• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy, Ings or Meadow?

Timothy, Ings or Meadow?

• Timothy

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Ings

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Meadow

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

xlaurax

Mama Doe
:wave: just interested in what everyone's buns prefer! Mine have tried timmy and meadow and timmy is the favourite so far :D

Mine don't care as long as they get variety! I make sure they have meadow then I mix in some Timothy, green oat hay or readigrass for a bit of excitement lol

I have Meadow and Ings in stock for mine at this moment in time, they sway to Ings more as its quite stalky and long.

I'm due to get some Timothy and Rye soon which I know they will like as they eat all kinds

Poppy is really odd for hay...I can buy expensive hay and she wont touch it but she loves the long stalky hay that you see in bags outside of petshops. She also likes the Bob Martins hay from asda which I buy as litter tray hay but she will often eat that and wee on the better stuff:roll:

I bought a 5kg bag from an animal feed shop the other week 'Yorkshire hay' its called from a local farm and she is really enjoying that:thumb: I'm hoping she doesn't go off it:D

I feed the boys and Milly meadow hay, but Poppy likes the timothy hay. It's a relief we have found hay she will actually eat every scrap of. We tried her on timothy hay when she was younger and she wouldn't touch it, don't know what's happened. :lol:.

INGS..
But dont tell them, the next one is a farm bale :oops:
I forgot to order the INGS so we had to get the farm stuff... to make up for it though I dried some herbs to go in it :lol::lol:

It depends more on the quality of the crop I think. They wouldn't touch the last bail of Ings but loved the batch before. Same with meadow.

mine have tmothy and meadow hay, but they adore the timothy hay best, i gve them meadow in the morning then keep topping up and give timothy hay after this, on a number of occasions mabel has made me laugh as she will pick the meadow hay up place near dogcrate door as if to say, this is not good enough get my timothy hay :lol:

Back