• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stamping

CarrotEater

Young Bun
I just let Honey out for a run and about 5 minutes ago he stopped dead in his tracks and stamped. It was REALLY loud! I went 'Hey Honey, what was that?' Then he did it again. I told him 'it's alright', then he let me stroke him. Any idea what happened? Why did he stamp?

I just let Honey out for a run and about 5 minutes ago he stopped dead in his tracks and stamped. It was REALLY loud! I went 'Hey Honey, what was that?' Then he did it again. I told him 'it's alright', then he let me stroke him. Any idea what happened? Why did he stamp?

No doubt he heard something that you couldn't that startled him. My guys often have a good stamping session and I have no idea what set them off. I just put it down to the fact their senses are better than ours.:wave:

No doubt he heard something that you couldn't that startled him. My guys often have a good stamping session and I have no idea what set them off. I just put it down to the fact their senses are better than ours.:wave:

Yeah that's a possibility because he didn't move for a while and he's letting me stroke him, something he NEVER lets and he actually climbed on my lap, usually he doesn't come within about 30 cm of me.

Yep, sounds to me like he got a little spooked by something! Mine do the same thing on occasions and I never know what's set them off. It's a bit creepy :shock::lol:

probably heard something he wasnt keen on - my Mosey does this all the time - he stomped that hard once i thought he must have broken his leg :shock: :lol:

Back