• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The baby bunnies have a surprise for you all!!! U/D post 41

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
I cleared out the shed and took apart the old hutch because the shed area is now waterproof and they don't need it t keep them dry. I decided it was the ideal time to bond the wee ones - yes all three - with the quad given that the quad's home was totally rearranged. There is now a huge amount of room for running, binkies and snuggling and, once bonding is complete they have a 7 x 3 run attached and free range when we are home which is most of the time. So plenty room for 7 which seems to be my new number!:oops::oops:

So bonding is going really well. The elders are tolerating the babies after the initial chasing. Poor wee Buzz got a nip on the nose but other than that they have done well. Now they are in the shed, here are some photos.

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

As you can see from the photos it is all pretty chilled. Tonight I thought I would test them all and give them one food bowl to share just to see how things were really going. I got a shock!

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1992.JPG

Last edited:
Ali - I knew you had adopted two of Angelina's kits but it would seem that a third has sneaked in..... :shock::shock::lol:

Lovely pics :love:

How is Angelina doing now? Is she still with you?

Wow wow wow. 7 and they look so happy and content together. How wonderful. :love::love::love::love::love:

Awwww those last 2 pics are amazing :love::love::love:

Thanks guys, I just cannot believe it has happened. I will just need to keep a close eye on the wee ones so they don't get too hormonal with everyone. That said, Millie is more hormonal than most unspayed does.:roll: As usual, Floppy was the one to keep the peace. He is incredible.:love::love:

IMG_1607.JPG

Ali - I knew you had adopted two of Angelina's kits but it would seem that a third has sneaked in..... :shock::shock::lol:

Lovely pics :love:

How is Angelina doing now? Is she still with you?

Angelina went to another foster home when we went on hols but unfortunately she is being a madam and is back to her old ways. I have offered to have her back and Collielover has offered to foster her and work with her too. Fingers crossed that her op will help and she will only be rehomed to an experienced owner.

I'm confused, i thought you were only keeping 2 of Angelina's babies? :oops:

Erm yes.... Well.... But...... It's like this....Islay still hadn't found a home and I couldn't see her in a hutch on her own while the other two lived a life of luxury. She may yet have to go, depending on the interest she has had but I am hoping she can stay here too. 6/7, not much different or so Collielover and Shazzabunny keep telling me.:lol:

Angelina went to another foster home when we went on hols but unfortunately she is being a madam and is back to her old ways. I have offered to have her back and Collielover has offered to foster her and work with her too. Fingers crossed that her op will help and she will only be rehomed to an experienced owner.

So sorry to hear that :( Will she be speyed soon do you think? I'm sure it will make a big difference to how she's feeling and therefore behaving. I think about her often :love:

So sorry to hear that :( Will she be speyed soon do you think? I'm sure it will make a big difference to how she's feeling and therefore behaving. I think about her often :love:

I know, I was really upset given how far she had come here. I hope she will be done soon though, no firm date until where she is being fostered has been settled.:cry:

Wowzers!! The babies are huge, nearly bigger than R&R!

Hope they all continue to get on well.

I know, I was really upset given how far she had come here. I hope she will be done soon though, no firm date until where she is being fostered has been settled.:cry:

Poor girl, she has been through so much :( She needs some stability I feel and then a husbun to snuggle with :love:

I know, our holiday timing was lousy but hopefully she will be settled soon.

Oh sorry Ali, I wasn't try to imply that it was your fault at all :oops: Of course it isn't and I didn't mean that! I just hope she can be settled soon and her new life can begin :love:

Back