• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Product Advice

Daniel

Alpha Buck
Just wondering if any of you could advise me on what type of roof for the below product. I was going to make it using tongue and groove like the sides and front are, but thought I'll ask as I could do a plywood roof and even add felt to it. It was meant to be a hutch/shed/house plaything.

7582987598_86e00d553f.jpg

7582995228_489f070c02.jpg

exterior plywood of 12mm thickness. covered in one piece of felt. make sure the roof overhangs the hutch quite a bit as it's raining....

exterior plywood of 12mm thickness. covered in one piece of felt. make sure the roof overhangs the hutch quite a bit as it's raining....

It's not a hutch, sorry should have said it better, it's a "rabbit house", just a play thing for pets to go in, hide in or whatever they do. Far to small to be a hutch.

If its for rabbits to play with I think try to make the roof flat, that way buns can jump on top of it too,

You are very creative and seem to be building these at fast pace, well done :thumb:

Yeah, a flat roof for a play house would be a good idea so the buns can jump up :)

If it is to be outside all the time then a plywood and felt pitched roof with an overhang is good.

Thank you, I will use that one for outside. I've got two others made and two more to build.

Here it is so far for those that want to see, not too happy as a little gap is around the roof, need to put something there to stop water getting in.
7596624858_581c5c6cde.jpg

Wish i did a flat roof now :(

Back