• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Destroying House - Time to go outside??

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
Wilma is becoming very destructive...ripping up carpets, rugs, chewing skirting boards etc

The pair have the whole of downstairs, lots of toys, tunnels, willow etc

But she is becoming very destructive, with it being our first house I'm very worried about her being destructive, I know it's because she is bored but I've tried everything indoors to give them lots to do.

Is it time for them to live outside??? Also they haven't been in a cage (mr for nearly 2 years) for nearly a year.

So what would you recommend for them if they did go outside, funds aren't great as we have just paid for holiday and there isn't really the space for a shed

is there any flooring you could get for indoors and maybe keep them in one room, flooring not carpet?
if you do haev to move them out coul you afford a wendy house with attacthed run?

My first bun was a house bunny but we had to move him to the outhouse. We got him a friend (and eventually another) and i can honestly say, giving him (them) space to trash as they wish has been the best move ever. It's so much less stressful. :thumb:

is there any flooring you could get for indoors and maybe keep them in one room, flooring not carpet?
if you do haev to move them out coul you afford a wendy house with attacthed run?

Downstairs is all wood flooring apart from two huge rugs which the pair of them only like going on.

One rug is ours the other is landlords. If it was as simple as moving the rug out I would but she has had a right good go on the skirting boards too :(

Is it possible to set up a penned off area for them....my buns are in a 6x4ft pen in the living room and free roam under our supervision

So I've moved our rug into the corner of the front room. The rug is very big and we have made what we call "bunny island"

As the buns don't like the wood floors they seem to feel comfortable in the corner on the huge rug, it has everything they need on there and it's almost like a pen without sides if that makes sense??

I'll post some pics up later when I'm home from work but they've been VERY happy now they have technically moved its all physiological!!

And last night Wilma was super chilled and doing her best dead bunny impression and I saw her doing it for the first time with her eyes closed.

4a0e4765.jpg

Bad quality pic took it quick on my phone

Back