• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Searching for a Doe for my Button, no older ones around

NellieNooNoo

Warren Scout
Well, now that Button is back on the road to recovery thought it only fair to find him a mate as he so loved Bumble. I spent two hours on line searching and the only doe I found in the right age bracket was at RSPCA Chesterfield - which is three hours away. The poor doe in question has been in rescue since December with no interest but it's just too far, which is such a shame as she's lovely but also says she needs a home on her own so guessing she cannot be bonded?!

Anyone know of any does looking for a home around 5 years +?

Would consider younger but surprised there are not many older does in rescue. Button is a very quiet and gentle bunny so he would need a calm mate. Not sure a younger one would be too lively for him and his previous mate was very dominant although they had a great relationship.

Look at gumtree earlier, that just made me want to cry. Will give it a couple of days and try the rescues again.

Is Leics too far for you? If not then it's worth contacting Jill direct & discussing your requirements (her email & tel no. are in my siggy). Not all younger does are lively so worth considering :D

If you are unable to do the journey or all of the journey yourself we can usually organise a bun run to help get them from a to b :thumb:

I'm in North Somerset, Leicester is quite far away. Trying to find one closer but would consider if I don't have any luck.

i just saw they only have pairs on the website but when i went to see my local NAWT, they showed me bunnies that werent yet on the website. they are also very flexible and will discuss your requirements, they may offer bonding help too. they called us when suitable rabbits came in

Thank you, there's Carrot Tops quite near me,malthough none the age I want I'll just have to keep looking. If its meant to be one will turn up.

Back