• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got a bit of a suprise today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
Dad came in and asked me why I hadn't told him about the new litter of rabbits. I said I didn't know about them. There are four little ones, all fat and healthy and playful. Mama rabbit had dug a burrow where we couldn't see or reach into it so we had no idea she had any. We'd though she'd aborted them cause of the heat, we had 2 other does do the same thing. But these guys are doing great! Didn't get a pic of one of them, he was in the burrow so I couldn't get him out. The black one is the only survivor from a previous litter that is probably a couple days older than these. I'm guessing they're around 13 +/- days old. The other guy is about 15 days old.

PICT0096-1.jpg

PICT0095-1.jpg

PICT0094-1.jpg

The fourth one in this litter looks like a little Silver Martin.

And the older bunny, I named him/her Apple.
PICT0092-1.jpg

Sorry for the yellowness of the pictures, the little building we have in their shed is yellow plastic so everything looks yellow inside. And sorry if the pictures didn't rotate, I don't know how to rotate from photobucket.

Yes

Are they more of your Meat Rabbits ?

If it ever actually happens, yes. Dad keeps pushing it back, so honestly I don't know if its going to happen. We have pigs that need done first. Dad likes watching the rabbits running around in their pen when it's cool at night.

The little one I named Apple is crazy. He runs around like a little black blur.

They are so cute! :love:

I actually don't mind that they're meat rabbits to be honest. These look to be kept in a LOT better condition than most of the meat rabbits we see and I'm sure the methods of killing are painless and well perfected, as such. I feel it's not so much about HOW their life ends, but the quality of life they have until the end! I admire you for posting, courtneydayle, and please don't be put off, i for one love your threads!:D

I actually don't mind that they're meat rabbits to be honest. These look to be kept in a LOT better condition than most of the meat rabbits we see and I'm sure the methods of killing are painless and well perfected, as such. I feel it's not so much about HOW their life ends, but the quality of life they have until the end! I admire you for posting, courtneydayle, and please don't be put off, i for one love your threads!:D

Nah, i just dont get it.

I'll name you, care for you, love you then cruelly murder you and cook you and serve you with some veg and eat your flesh. :shock:

Cute rabbits. Shame they will be grub.

Nah, i just dont get it.

I'll name you, care for you, love you then cruelly murder you and cook you and serve you with some veg and eat your flesh. :shock:

Cute rabbits. Shame they will be grub.

I understand what you're saying don't get me wrong and I'm not going to start an argument here, but that was just my opinion and I know not many of you will agree with me :wave:

I understand the meat rabbit thing,
I also understand why naming them and posting pictures of them as they grow up is a strange thing to do on a rabbit forum.

but saying that if those like myself who find it bizarre knowing these little creatures are merely a tool for
human consumption wish not see the poor unfortunates all put the OP on block we dont need to see them
and we can get on with our lives knowing no more on the subject, Lets face it their is worse out there at least OP has done research first.

Last edited:
shall we keep the focus on how cute the babies are rather than the fact they are meat rabbits, we have hashed this over before now :wave:

Very cute babies :love:

:thumb:

Lets not all criticise the op please!

shall we keep the focus on how cute the babies are rather than the fact they are meat rabbits, we have hashed this over before now :wave:

Very cute babies :love:

I hadnt seen anything like that before so it's new to me. :wave: And utterly horrifying.

:thumb:

I couldn't do it personally, but at least the rabbits get to live like rabbits.

Grin is entitled to her opinion as a veggie - im entitled to mine as someone who couldnt eat rabbits, but can eat other animals.

courtneydale is entitled to do what he/she is doing - and i for one am glad he/she is doing it as he/she is - the rabbits are at least well looked after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back