• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could I have vibes? UD photos added post 64

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Marnie moo has had to go into emergancy surgery as the wound on her side is showing signs of infection :cry:

Rosie was absolutely hysterical when the vet took her away.....I managed to keep it together until we got home.

I'm so glad I took her...vet said that the wound was nice and fresh so should heal well. I'm just so terrified something will go wrong.

any vibes anyone has spare would be VERY gratefully appreciated.

My poor baby :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Thank you guys :( I just feel so guilty....I should have taken her as soon as we got home :cry:

She will have to stay over night as I won't be able to pick her up after 7 cause Rosie will be in bed. At least if she is at the vet she will have proper over night care.

Vet was very understanding with Rosies hysterics....and promised she would ring me as soon as she had finished and Marnie had come round. She said she is obviously a very well loved bunny :cry:

Thank you. I know it seems silly to be so worked up.....but I really don't know what I would do if I lost her.

Rosie has point blank refused to eat any dinner.....and keeps asking to go get Marnie moo from the doctor :(

Sending tons of vibes for Marnie moo :( I didn't know she was back with you, I thought she was still getting slowly bonded with Hovis!! I hope she's ok xxx

Sending tons of vibes for Marnie moo :( I didn't know she was back with you, I thought she was still getting slowly bonded with Hovis!! I hope she's ok xxx

We went to visit her today...and while we were there I found the wound. It was fresh and didn't look too bad...but at that point we decided to call it a day. Hovis was just so frightened and with Marnie being hurt I decided that it wasn't fair to continue.

We went to visit her today...and while we were there I found the wound. It was fresh and didn't look too bad...but at that point we decided to call it a day. Hovis was just so frightened and with Marnie being hurt I decided that it wasn't fair to continue.

Aww poor buns :( I hope they both find suitable partners soon! Xx

She's made it through the op...vet also found a lot of deep scratches on her back end and what we though was a healing scratch on her ear has actually developed an abcess underneth the scab...so that has been flushed and cleaned too. She will have a perminant hole in her ear though :(

Vet said that she has been really brave and is coming round nicely. She will be coming home with some antiseptic cream and the usualy metaclop/metacam/baytril combo. I'll have to keep a very close eye on her and she has a follow up appointment with the vet on Thursday. She won't be coming home tonight but we should be able to pick her up tomorrow.

I have also been advised not to attempt another bonding with anybun for the foreseeable future.

So for now we are in the clear but it may well be a very long road to recovery if any more abcsesses develop.

Thank you for all your vibes
xxx

Back